1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
9. Someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce).
13. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
18. A message received and understood that reduces the recipient's uncertainty.
19. A groove or furrow (especially one in soft earth caused by wheels).
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. Formulation of the plans and important details.
23. (Greek mythology) Goddess of wisdom and useful arts and prudent warfare.
25. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. Praise somewhat dishonestly.
29. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
30. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
32. A constitutional monarchy occupying the Japanese Archipelago.
33. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
34. A region in southeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
38. A male sovereign.
39. United States baseball player.
43. Away from the mouth or oral region.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. Written or drawn or engraved.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. (Roman mythology) God of love.
53. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
54. The sacred city of Lamaism.
55. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
56. A small boat of shallow draft with cross thwarts for seats and rowlocks for oars with which it is propelled.
57. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
61. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
62. One of a pair of long straps (usually connected to the bit or the headpiece) used to control a horse.
64. (sometimes followed by `to') Causing harm or injury.
66. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
68. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
70. Belonging to some prior time.
71. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
74. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
76. A condition requiring relief.
77. German filmmaker of sophisticated comedies (1892-1947).
81. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
83. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
85. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
89. A resident of Nevada.
91. Not subjected to an aging process.
93. The month following February and preceding April.
94. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
95. A Loloish language.
97. The content of cognition.
98. A city in the European part of Russia.
99. Sheet glass cut in shapes for windows or doors.
100. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
101. The season when the leaves fall from the trees.
102. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
103. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
5. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
6. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
7. Large shaggy-haired toothless anteater with long tongue and powerful claws.
8. A Hindu goddess who releases from sin or disease.
9. Wild and domesticated birds having a heavy body and short legs.
10. Not out.
11. A master's degree in fine arts.
12. Any of various herbaceous plants whose leaves or stems or flowers are cooked and used for food or seasoning.
13. Of or relating to or involving an area.
14. A long piece of brightly colored cloth (cotton or silk) used as clothing (a skirt or loincloth or sash etc.) in India and Pakistan and Burma.
15. A woman's close-fitting foundation garment.
22. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
24. Rub elbows with.
26. A city is southern Alberta.
28. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
31. Being one more than one.
35. The region of northwestern Italy.
36. Not yet brought into existence.
37. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
40. A loose narrow strip of skin near the base of a fingernail.
41. An open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle.
42. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
44. A unit of temperature on the Rankine scale.
45. (psychology) An urge to withdraw or avoid a situation or an object.
46. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
49. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
50. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
58. A laminated metamorphic rock similar to granite.
59. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
60. Pertaining to or associated with agony (especially death agonies).
63. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
65. A written proposal or reminder.
67. Give an education to.
68. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
69. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
72. Being one more than ten.
73. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
75. Presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible.
78. A form of Japanese poetry.
79. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
80. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
82. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
84. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
86. An Asian river between China and Russia.
87. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
88. Toward the mouth or oral region.
90. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
92. The fatty flesh of eel.
96. An expression of greeting.