1. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
5. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
16. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
17. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
18. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
19. A small piece of cloth.
20. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
21. Included seven times in every 19 years.
23. Of or relating to or toward the cheek.
24. An industrial city in central Japan on southern Honshu.
26. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
28. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
29. Very small.
30. A woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East.
33. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
36. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
38. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
41. A region in southeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
45. An associate degree in nursing.
46. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
47. Any competition.
48. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
50. A Java application.
53. French writer who generalized surrealism to literature (1897-1982).
55. The production of eggs (especially in birds).
58. A formation of people or things one beside another.
59. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
60. Any of various chiefly Mediterranean plants of the genera Asphodeline and Asphodelus having linear leaves and racemes of white or pink or yellow flowers.
62. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
63. A bitter yellow powder used to treat skin diseases.
65. A bachelor's degree in religion.
66. The exposure of an impostor or a fraud.
68. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
69. A motley assortment of things.
73. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
74. Lower in esteem.
77. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
78. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
81. The membrane in the ear that vibrates to sound.
84. Any of various perennials of the genus Geum having usually pinnate basal leaves and variously colored flowers.
86. (Greek mythology) The god of marriage.
88. A genus of Platalea.
92. (Greek mythology) A sorceress who detained Odysseus on her island and turned his men into swine.
94. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
95. Considerate and solicitous care.
96. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
98. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
100. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
101. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
102. Small branch or division of a branch.
103. A small cake leavened with yeast.
104. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
1. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
2. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
3. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. A flat grassland in tropical or subtropical regions.
6. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
7. God of wealth and love.
8. Any of various plants of the genus Sedum.
9. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
10. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
11. A trivial lie.
12. (of animals) Fully developed.
13. Requiring secret or mysterious knowledge.
14. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
15. Look at with amorous intentions.
22. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
27. Offering fun and gaiety.
31. Achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
35. A large faint constellation in the southern hemisphere containing most of the Small Magellanic Cloud.
37. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
39. Imperfect development.
40. Having no known beginning and presumably no end.
42. A record in which commercial accounts are recorded.
43. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
44. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
49. Port city in western Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea.
51. The noise of a rounded object dropping into a liquid without a splash adv.
52. A tumor consisting of fatty tissue.
54. Tag the base runner to get him out.
56. A cruel and brutal fellow.
57. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
61. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
64. In a foreign country.
67. A colorless odorless inert gaseous element occurring in the earth's atmosphere in trace amounts.
70. Of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people.
71. Common gray wild goose of Europe.
72. A city in southeastern Spain.
73. A trivial lie.
75. Punish with an arbitrary penalty.
76. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
79. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
80. Type genus of the Majidae.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A genus of Ploceidae.
85. Morally reprehensible.
87. Informal terms for a mother.
89. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
90. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
91. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
93. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
97. A person forced to flee from home or country.
99. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.