1. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
5. (classical architecture) A molding for a cornice.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
13. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
16. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
17. A special way of doing something.
18. An informal term for a father.
19. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
20. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
21. A frame attached to a wagon to increase the amount of hay it can carry.
23. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
24. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
25. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
27. Shah of Iran who was deposed in 1979 by Islamic fundamentalists (1919-1980).
29. A feeling of scornful hatred.
31. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
33. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
35. Lower in esteem.
38. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
40. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
44. An adult castrated bull of the genus Bos.
45. A resin used in adhesives and paints.
47. A loose cloak with a hood.
50. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
52. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
53. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
54. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
55. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
56. An antianxiety agent (trade name Xanax) of the benzodiazepine class.
59. A bed supporting a road.
61. Used of a single unit or thing.
62. Give qualities or abilities to.
63. Administer an oil or ointment to.
64. A complete extent or range.
66. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
69. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
70. God of love and erotic desire.
71. Having or exerting a malignant influence.
75. Unarmed feather palms of central and northern South America.
78. A Bantu language sometimes considered a dialect of Zulu.
82. A social club for male undergraduates.
85. Disparaging terms for the common people.
87. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
88. The fourth month of the civil year.
90. A member of western Finnish people formerly living in the Baltic province where Saint Petersburg was built.
92. Black tropical American cuckoo.
93. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
94. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
96. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
98. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
99. A master's degree in library science.
100. Support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway.
101. Any of various aromatic resinous substances used for healing and soothing.
102. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. Regularly spaced in time.
2. Something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares.
3. Be fully aware or cognizant of.
4. Deploy anew.
5. Pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives.
6. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
7. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A secret agent hired by a state to obtain (military) information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors.
10. Of or relating to the wrist.
11. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
12. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
13. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
14. Speaking a Slavic language.
15. A native American tent.
22. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
26. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
28. Ctenophore having tentacles only in the immature stage.
30. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
32. A small cake leavened with yeast.
34. Tranquilizer (trade name Dalmane) used to treat insomnia.
36. Type genus of the Solanaceae.
37. Waste matter (as urine or sweat but especially feces) discharged from the body.
39. Genus of tropical hardwood timber trees.
41. Slightly open.
42. Load anew with ammunition, "She reloaded the gun carefully".
43. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
46. A green dye, often used to color cloth, which is obtained from the woad plant.
48. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
49. Emitting or as if emitting blood.
51. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
57. Elaborately or excessively ornamented.
58. A colorless odorless inert gaseous element occurring in the earth's atmosphere in trace amounts.
60. Divulge information or secrets.
65. Jordan's port.
67. Injured by bites or stings.
68. Mites and ticks.
69. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
72. A linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard.
73. An event (or course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future.
74. A state of extreme confusion and disorder.
76. An island of central Hawaii.
77. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
79. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
80. A long pointed rod used as a weapon.
81. Any plant of the genus Erica.
83. A roll of photographic film holding a series of frames to be projected by a movie projector.
84. A bachelor's degree in library science.
86. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
87. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
89. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
90. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
91. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
92. An informal term for a father.
95. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
97. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.