1. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
4. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
9. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
13. The month following February and preceding April.
16. The molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams.
17. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
18. Advanced in years.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
21. Any of 12 kings of ancient Egypt between 1315 and 1090 BC.
23. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
25. A Shinto god of war.
27. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
29. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
30. Natural nitrogen-containing bases found in plants.
31. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
35. Any of several Old World tropical aromatic annual or perennial herbs of the genus Ocimum.
39. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. A Loloish language.
46. Being one more than fifty.
47. Cereal grass widely cultivated for its grain.
49. Showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience.
51. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
54. Offering little or no hope.
56. Domestic swine.
57. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
58. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
59. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
62. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
63. High quality grape brandy distilled in the Cognac district of France.
66. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
68. A rich soil consisting of a mixture of sand and clay and decaying organic materials.
70. Before noon.
71. Jordan's port.
74. Large arboreal boa of tropical South America.
76. A violet photopigment in the retinal cones of the eyes of most vertebrates.
79. A family of North American Indian language spoken in southwestern United States.
80. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
83. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
85. A Scottish word.
86. Polish labor leader and statesman (born in 1943).
88. A song that was formerly popular.
92. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
96. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
97. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
98. Type genus of the Meliaceae.
99. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
101. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
102. Either extremity of something that has length.
103. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
104. A small cake leavened with yeast.
105. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
1. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
2. Designating a solution containing 1 mole of solute per 1000 grams of solvent.
3. Being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness.
4. A source of danger.
5. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
6. Belgian cosmologist who proposed the big-bang theory of the origin of the universe (1894-1966).
7. Make amendments to.
8. A female person who has the same parents as another person.
9. Serving as or forming a base.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
12. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
13. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
14. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
15. Gather, as of as crops.
22. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
24. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
26. Ground snakes.
28. Divulge information or secrets.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
34. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
36. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
37. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
38. A person holding a fief.
40. Microscopic unicellular marine or freshwater colonial alga having cell walls impregnated with silica.
41. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
42. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
44. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
48. A Russian river.
50. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
52. A small piece of cloth.
53. An industrial city in southern Poland on the Vistula.
55. Having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions.
60. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
61. Of or relating to a clone.
64. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
65. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
67. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
69. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
72. Scottish author noted for his biography of Samuel Johnson (1740-1795).
73. Loss of the ability to swallow.
74. A female person who has the same parents as another person.
75. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
77. A member of the tribe of Franks who settled in the Netherlands in the 4th century AD.
78. The content of cognition.
81. A North American river.
82. United States comic actor in silent films.
84. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
87. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
89. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
90. An Eskimo hut.
91. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
93. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
94. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
95. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
100. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.