1. Seek someone's favor.
4. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
9. English tennis player who won may women's singles titles (born in 1945).
13. An honorary law degree.
16. The month following March and preceding May.
17. (Philippine) A dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish.
18. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
19. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
20. Crustaceans characteristically having five pairs of locomotor appendages each joined to a segment of the thorax.
22. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
24. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
25. Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
26. A department of Greece in the central Peloponnese.
30. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
31. A sock knitted or woven with a diamond-shaped pattern.
33. Cheeselike food made of curdled soybean milk.
36. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
38. Imperial moths.
41. The upper angle between an axis and an offshoot such as a branch or leafstalk.
42. Offspring of a male lion and a female tiger.
45. English actor and comedian who appeared on television and in films (born in 1935).
46. Hypothyroidism marked by dry skin and swellings around lips and nose as well as mental deterioration.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
51. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
52. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
54. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
55. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
56. A state in the western United States.
59. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
61. The basic unit of money in Macao.
63. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
64. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
65. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
66. (of words) Formed in imitation of a natural sound.
68. Motivation based on ideas of right and wrong.
69. A rounded projection or protuberance.
71. A package of several things tied together for carrying or storing.
74. Verbal abuse.
75. A radioactive transuranic element that is similar to uranium.
76. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
78. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
79. Type genus of the Majidae.
81. A vehicle for carrying a coffin to a church or a cemetery.
87. A German machine gun.
90. Minor or subordinate.
91. Turn into cheese, of milk.
93. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
94. One of the two branches of the Finno-Ugric family of languages.
97. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
98. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
99. Beads threaded on a string.
100. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
101. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
1. A large number or amount.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
4. Deeply moved.
5. The capital and largest city of Japan.
6. The closing section of a musical composition.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. The grasses.
9. Mostly black African weaverbird.
10. (Norse mythology) The chief race of gods living at Asgard.
11. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
12. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
13. (Arthurian legend) One of the knights of the Round Table.
14. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
15. A notable achievement.
21. A charge in the shape of a circle.
23. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
27. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
28. American novelist noted for children's books (1832-1888).
29. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
32. God of the Underworld.
34. Conjoining contradictory terms (as in `deafening silence').
35. Make fixed, stable or stationary.
37. An African river.
39. Capable of having having clear evidence of eliminated without trace.
40. A withered dryness.
43. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
44. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
47. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
49. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
53. Of or relating to the Netherlands or its people or culture.
57. An unstable meson produced as the result of a high-energy particle collision.
58. A mass of small bubbles formed in or on a liquid.
60. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
62. A long narrow passage (as in a cave or woods).
64. The person (or bank) who is expected to pay a check or draft when it is presented for payment.
67. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
70. A narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative.
72. Suggestive of the supernatural.
73. Foul with waste matter.
77. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
80. (Akkadian) Father of the gods and consort of Tiamat.
82. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
83. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
84. North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng.
85. Of or relating to near the ear.
86. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
88. Give a nickname to.
89. How long something has existed.
92. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
95. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
96. A metallic element of the rare earth group.