1. Tag the base runner to get him out.
4. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
9. The capital of Western Samoa.
13. God of the earth.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. Squash bugs.
18. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
19. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
20. Asiatic plant grown for its cluster of edible white stalks with dark green leaves.
22. Move (a baby) up and down in one's arms or on one's knees.
24. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
25. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
26. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
27. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
29. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
34. Small circular or square cases of dough with savory fillings.
39. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
41. Type genus of the Anatidae.
42. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
44. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
46. A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons).
47. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
50. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
51. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
52. Proceed or issue forth, as from a source.
55. A branch of the Tai languages.
56. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
59. A explosive device used to break down a gate or wall.
61. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
65. The site of an archeological exploration.
66. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
67. (Sumerian) Sun god.
70. Hoop that covers a wheel.
71. One thousandth of a second.
74. The cry made by sheep.
75. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
76. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
77. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
79. Keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view.
81. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
82. A strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide.
84. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
86. Again but in a new or different way.
88. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
93. The event of dying or departure from life.
96. (botany) Outer tissue of bark.
99. Washing out a hollow organ (especially the stomach) by flushing with water.
101. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
102. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
103. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
105. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
106. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
107. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
108. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
109. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
110. Late time of life.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. Rich Middle Eastern cake made of thin layers of flaky pastry filled with nuts and honey.
4. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
5. Of or at or relating to an anode.
6. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
7. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
8. A quantity of no importance.
9. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
10. A genus of Ploceidae.
11. Not in good physical or mental health.
12. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
13. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
14. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
15. The capital and largest city of Idaho.
21. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. The front part of the trunk from the neck to the abdomen.
30. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
32. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
35. A Native American who lived in what is now southern Colorado and Utah and northern Arizona and New Mexico and who built cliff dwellings.
36. Consider as ideal.
37. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. A white trivalent metallic element.
43. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
45. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
47. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
48. Belongs to lowest social and ritual class in India.
49. The final stages of an extended process of negotiation.
53. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
54. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
57. A card game for 2 players.
58. A salesman who travels to call on customers.
60. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
62. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
63. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
64. Two items of the same kind.
68. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
69. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
72. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
73. A diacritical mark (,) placed below the letter c to indicate that it is pronounced as an s.
78. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
80. Make attractive or lovable.
83. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
85. A long backless sofa (usually with pillows against a wall).
87. Do without.
89. Cry plaintively.
90. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
91. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
92. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
94. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
95. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
97. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
98. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
100. A state of southwestern India.
104. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.