1. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
4. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
9. Look with amazement.
13. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
16. (British) Your grandmother.
17. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
19. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
20. Of or relating to or characteristic of Greece or the Greeks.
22. Beetle that produces a secretion that blisters the skin.
24. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
25. Of a pale purple color.
26. Separated in space or time or coming from or going to a distance.
28. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
29. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
31. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
32. An atom or molecule or radical or ion that forms a complex around a central atom.
36. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
39. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
43. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
45. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
46. Large recently extinct long-horned European wild ox.
47. A genus of trees of the family Betulaceae (such as birches).
49. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
50. Tag the base runner to get him out.
53. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
54. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
57. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
59. In operation or operational.
60. Small East Indian shrubby mint.
61. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
64. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
65. Held in slavery.
67. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
69. Liquor and water with sugar and spices and served hot.
71. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
74. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
76. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
78. A deep opening in the earth's surface.
81. A written message addressed to a person or organization.
84. Act in concert or unite in a common purpose or belief.
87. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
88. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
90. An unpleasant or disastrous destiny.
92. An enclosed space.
93. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
94. Greek mythology.
95. Bite or chew on with the teeth.
96. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
97. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
98. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
99. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
100. A metric unit of length equal to ten meters.
1. The space between two lines or planes that intersect.
2. Long-winged web-footed aquatic bird of the gull family.
3. Administer an oil or ointment to.
4. Situated at an apex.
5. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
6. The basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the System International d'Unites.
7. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
8. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
9. Offering fun and gaiety.
10. Lacking gonads.
11. Being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness.
12. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
13. Japanese painter whose work influenced the impressionists (1760-1849).
14. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
15. The food served and eaten at one time.
21. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
23. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
27. Free and relaxed in manner.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
33. The act of consuming liquids.
34. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
35. Having testicles or ovaries removed.
37. Antacid (trade name Prilosec) that suppresses acid secretion in the stomach.
38. Strangeness by virtue of being mysterious and inspiring fear.
40. A member of a North American Plains people (now living in Oklahoma and Wyoming).
41. Slightly sour to the taste.
42. A doctor's degree in religion.
44. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
48. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
51. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
52. One thousand grams.
55. British colonial financier and statesman in South Africa.
56. An unforeseen obstacle.
58. The cry made by sheep.
62. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
63. Put to use.
66. Of or relating to Dante Alighieri or his writings.
68. A town in southeast Iowa.
70. Of or relating to or characteristic of Yemen or its inhabitants.
71. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
72. Remaining after all deductions.
73. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
75. Wet feed (especially for pigs) consisting of mostly kitchen waste mixed with water or skimmed or sour milk.
77. Witty language used to convey insults or scorn.
79. A chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck.
80. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
82. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
83. At or constituting a border or edge.
85. The heading or position of a vessel relative to the trim of its sails.
86. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
89. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
91. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.