1. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
4. Lower in esteem.
9. Fill to satisfaction.
13. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
16. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
17. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
18. A cooperative unit.
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
21. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
23. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
24. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
26. A river of central Italy.
28. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
32. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. Make lighter or brighter.
37. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
41. Type genus of the Anatidae.
44. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
45. (Welsh) A warrior god.
46. A city in western Germany.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
51. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
52. United States naturalist (born in England) who advocated the creation of national parks (1838-1914).
53. A South American river.
57. Any of a class of weakly acidic organic compounds.
59. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
61. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
62. Resembling a bladder.
64. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light.
66. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
68. The seventh and last day of the week.
69. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
73. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
74. By bad luck.
76. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
78. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
80. Any of various strong liquors especially a Dutch spirit distilled from potatoes.
84. Any of the threadlike filaments forming the mycelium of a fungus.
86. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
90. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
93. A resource.
96. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
98. A small cake leavened with yeast.
99. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
100. A Loloish language.
101. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
102. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
103. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
104. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
105. A condition requiring relief.
106. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
1. Jordan's port.
2. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
3. A separate part of a whole.
4. A large fleet.
5. The cry made by sheep.
6. Kauri pine.
7. In regular succession without gaps.
8. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
9. Indicating the most important performer or role.
10. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
11. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
12. Proceed or issue forth, as from a source.
13. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
14. Common Indian weaverbird.
15. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
22. Trade name for an oral contraceptive.
25. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
27. A hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck.
29. Patterned by having color applied with sweeping strokes.
33. English monk and scholar (672-735).
36. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.
38. A genus of Stromateidae.
39. Deliver an oration in grandiloquent style.
40. (mathematics) Using or subjected to a methodology using algebra and calculus.
42. Of or relating to the nervous system.
43. True firs.
48. Causing fear or dread or terror.
50. An accountant certified by the state.
54. The superior of a group of nuns.
55. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
56. Make less active or intense.
58. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
60. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
63. 16 ounces.
65. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
67. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
70. Plant bearing large mild thick-walled usually bell-shaped fruits.
71. One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread.
72. Room or live together.
73. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
75. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
77. Traveling on horseback.
79. The basic unit of money in Macao.
81. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
82. (Greek mythology) The god of the underworld in ancient mythology.
83. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
85. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
87. Made of fir or pine.
88. Having made preparations.
89. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
91. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
92. A quantity of no importance.
94. Having much flesh (especially fat).
95. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
96. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
97. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
98. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.