1. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
4. Being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness.
9. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
13. The bill in a restaurant.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
18. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
19. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
20. Remove offensive capability from.
22. A state in midwestern United States.
23. A tricyclic antidepressant (trade names Adapin and Sinequan) with numerous side effects (dry mouth and sedation and gastrointestinal disturbances).
25. Speaking a Slavic language.
26. South American tamarin with a tufted head.
29. As hot as if in an oven.
30. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
32. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
34. A frequently visited place.
37. (of soil) Soft and watery.
40. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
43. The feeling of being bored by something tedious.
44. An expression of greeting.
45. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
46. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 cm/sec/sec to a mass of 1 gram.
47. A colorless flammable volatile liquid hydrocarbon used as a solvent.
48. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
50. Being one more than fifty.
51. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
52. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
55. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
57. Used especially of fruits.
59. A port city in southwestern Iran.
61. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
62. A local computer network for communication between computers.
63. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
65. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
70. Health care for the needy.
72. A crime syndicate in the United States.
73. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
74. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
76. Tropical Asian starlings.
79. Italian Benedictine monk who was archbishop of Canterbury from 1093 to 1109.
84. Being nine more than forty.
85. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
86. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
87. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) Quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree.
91. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
93. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
94. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
95. A Loloish language.
96. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
97. General term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate.
98. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
99. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
100. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
1. Sudden and unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant during sleep.
2. (aeronautical) Pertaining to the tail section of a plane.
3. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
4. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
5. An artificial source of visible illumination.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
8. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
9. Footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material.
10. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
11. Jordan's port.
12. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
13. A garden having shrubs clipped or trimmed into decorative shapes especially of animals.
14. Similar or related in quality or character.
15. A vigorous blow.
21. A line of approach.
24. An ancient branch of the Semitic languages.
27. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
28. Characterizing the family Hominidae, which includes Homo sapiens sapiens as well as extinct species of manlike creatures.
31. Made of creme de menthe and brandy.
33. Minor or subordinate.
35. At or in or to any place.
36. Not treated with lead.
38. Responding to or operating at a wide band of frequencies.
39. A sign posted in a public place as an advertisement.
41. The smallest of the Great Lakes.
42. A team game that resembles basketball.
49. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
53. An Anatolian language.
54. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
56. A strip of level paved surface where planes can take off and land.
58. Small voraciously carnivorous freshwater fishes of South America that attack and destroy living animals.
60. A state in northwestern North America.
66. German engineer and automobile manufacturer who produced the first high-speed internal combustion engine (1834-1900).
67. In an ideal manner.
68. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
69. Aimlessly drifting.
70. A garden having shrubs clipped or trimmed into decorative shapes especially of animals.
71. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
72. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
75. Of or relating to the uvea of the eye.
77. Wife of Balder.
78. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
80. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
81. An unforeseen obstacle.
82. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
83. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
84. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
88. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
90. A quantity of money.
91. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
92. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.