1. A small amount (especially of a drink).
4. A deliberately false or improbable account.
9. A dry cold north wind in SE France.
13. Inquire about.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
18. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
22. Antiprotozoal medication (trade name Flagyl) used to treat trichomoniasis and giardiasis.
24. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
25. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
26. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
28. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
30. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
32. A doctor's degree in education.
34. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
35. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
37. A line on a sphere that cuts all meridians at the same angle.
40. The state or quality of being widely honored and acclaimed.
44. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
48. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
49. Loss of the ability to swallow.
51. Written in print characters or produced by means of e.g. a printing press.
52. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. Gull family.
58. Any organic compound containing the group -CONH2.
59. An honorary degree in science.
62. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
63. Used of a single unit or thing.
64. Tag the base runner to get him out.
65. A hanging fold of loose skin on an elderly person's neck.
68. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
70. Again but in a new or different way.
73. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
74. One thousand periods per second.
75. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
76. A feeling of intense anger.
79. (Scotland) A landowner.
81. To a moderately sufficient extent or degree.
83. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
85. Make less active or intense.
90. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
93. 16 ounces.
94. A large number or amount.
96. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
97. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
98. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
100. A young peafowl.
103. Male red deer.
104. Engage in a rehearsal (of).
105. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
1. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
2. Using speech rather than writing.
3. Norman leader in the First Crusade who played an important role in the capture of Jerusalem (1078-1112).
4. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
5. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
6. Positioned so as to be ready for confrontation or danger.
7. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
8. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
9. Romanian sculptor noted for abstractions of animal forms (1876-1957).
10. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
11. United States space station.
12. The fatty flesh of eel.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
21. Something resembling the head of a nail that is used an an ornamental device.
23. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
27. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
29. An overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa).
31. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
33. Depressing in character or appearance.
36. A town in southwestern Montana.
38. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
39. The food served and eaten at one time.
41. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
42. Comic dramatist of ancient Greece (342-292 BC).
43. Having an illustrious reputation.
45. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
46. The act of pursuing.
47. A light shower that falls in some locations and not others nearby.
50. A genus of Ploceidae.
53. A vast Asian region of Russia.
54. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
57. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
60. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
61. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
66. A platform built out from the shore into the water and supported by piles.
67. Seed of a pea plant.
69. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
71. African wild swine with warty protuberances on the face and large protruding tusks.
72. (formerly) A title of respect for a man in Turkey or Egypt.
77. Great merriment.
78. Oriental moth that produces brownish silk.
79. A radioactive transuranic element.
80. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
81. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
82. The superior of an abbey of monks.
84. Limbless scaly elongate reptile.
86. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
87. A Loloish language.
88. A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
89. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
90. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
91. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
92. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
95. The month following March and preceding May.
99. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
101. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
102. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.