1. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. Someone who has won first place in a competition.
9. A commercial leavening agent containing yeast cells.
13. (Sumerian) Sun god.
16. 10 grams.
17. German philosopher whose three stage process of dialectical reasoning was adopted by Karl Marx (1770-1831).
18. American novelist (1909-1955).
19. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
20. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
21. Cause to grow together parts from different plants.
23. Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech.
25. By bad luck.
27. Of or relating to or characteristic of Great Britain or its people or culture.
29. Having a smooth, gleaming surface.
30. Insanely irresponsible.
32. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
34. Almost no or (with "a) at least some.
37. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
38. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
39. Division of a usually pinnately divided leaf.
44. Not out.
47. Any of several tropical American trees of the genus Andira.
50. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
52. A sudden short attack.
53. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
54. A kiln for drying hops.
56. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
57. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
58. Pay out.
60. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
61. Small genus of mediterranean shrubs.
64. Filled with a great quantity.
66. A state in midwestern United States.
67. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
70. An area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake.
75. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
76. A meeting of spiritualists.
78. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
80. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
84. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
88. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
89. Of the dull yellowish green of the meat of an avocado n 1.
92. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
94. A port in southwestern Scotland.
95. A ruffle on the front of a woman's blouse or a man's shirt.
96. A small cake leavened with yeast.
98. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
99. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
100. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel.
101. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
102. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
1. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
2. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
3. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
4. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
5. Eurasian plant having toothed leaves and small two-lipped white or purplish-red flowers.
6. (informal British usage) Aggravation or aggression.
7. Any admirable quality or attribute.
8. A thin coating of metal deposited on a surface.
9. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
12. A woman sahib.
13. Not having been read.
14. The circumstances and ideas of the present age.
15. A virtually extinct Caucasian language spoken exclusively in Turkey.
22. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
24. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
26. Having a handwritten signature.
28. The military installation from which a commander performs the functions of command.
31. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
33. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
35. A widely distributed family of plants.
36. Accuse formally of a crime.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. Type genus of the Anatidae.
42. Detected or perceived by the sense of hearing.
43. A shot in billiards made by hitting the cue ball with the cue held nearly vertically.
45. A canvas or leather bag for carrying game (especially birds) killed by a hunter.
46. Extravasation of urine into the scrotal sac.
48. A woman of refinement.
49. Large South American evergreen tree trifoliate leaves and drupes with nutlike seeds used as food and a source of cooking oil.
51. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
55. Being one more than nine.
59. Divulge information or secrets.
62. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
63. A great raja.
65. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
68. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
69. A decree that prohibits something.
71. Towards the shore from the water.
72. A white trivalent metallic element.
73. English writer of macabre short stories (1863-1943).
74. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
77. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
79. Jordan's port.
81. United States baseball player (born in 1931).
82. The emotion of hate.
83. A public promotion of some product or service.
85. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
86. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
87. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
90. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
91. An argument opposed to a proposal.
93. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
97. A radioactive element of the actinide series.