1. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
5. (football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
9. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
13. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
16. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
17. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
18. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
19. A rapid bustling commotion.
20. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
21. A genus of Bothidae.
23. Having its true character concealed with the intent of misleading.
25. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
27. 1 species.
29. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
30. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
31. Athenian lawmaker whose code of laws prescribed death for almost every offense (circa 7th century BC).
33. The capital of Eritrea.
38. A polyhedron having a polygonal base and triangular sides with a common vertex.
42. A city on the River Aire in West Yorkshire in northern England.
46. cause to accept or become hardened to.
47. A byproduct of inflammation.
49. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
50. A broom made of twigs tied together on a long handle.
51. The Teutonic goddess of fertility.
54. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
56. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
57. An atoll in the Marshall islands.
59. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
61. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
62. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living between Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
63. A monoamine neurotransmitter found in the brain and essential for the normal functioning of the central nervous system.
66. Being nine more than forty.
67. A crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement.
70. A former unit of electric current (slightly smaller than the SI ampere).
71. Someone who is critical of the motives of others.
76. Treated with oil.
77. Before noon.
78. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
79. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
80. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
83. (golf) The cavity left when a piece of turf is cut from the ground by the club head in making a stroke.
85. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
89. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
90. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
94. (Irish) The sea personified.
95. With rapid movements.
96. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
98. Considerate and solicitous care.
99. The basic unit of money in Romania.
100. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
1. Greenish-yellow pear.
2. English essayist (1775-1834).
3. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
4. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
5. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
6. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
7. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
8. Stalk of a moss capsule.
9. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
10. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
11. A city in western India just off the coast of the Arabian Sea.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
14. Chief port of Yemen.
15. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
22. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
24. Genus of tropical hardwood timber trees.
26. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
28. A chord whose notes are played in rapid succession rather than simultaneously.
32. Baby bed with high sides.
34. In a peacefully serene manner.
35. A sedative and tranquilizer (trade name Miltown and Equanil and Meprin) used to treat muscle tension and anxiety.
36. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
37. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
39. Wine from muscat grapes.
40. Instrumentalities (tools or implements) made of metal.
41. Affected with madness or insanity.
43. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
44. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
45. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
48. A dyed fabric.
52. Carry on a romantic relationship with two people at the same time.
53. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
55. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
58. Used of a single unit or thing.
60. An accountant certified by the state.
64. The animal order including amoebas.
65. In the shape of a coil.
68. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
69. The forest trees growing in a country or region.
72. A city in western Kenya.
73. Aristocratic Italian family of powerful merchants and bankers who ruled Florence in the 15th century.
74. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
75. Take in solid food.
81. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
82. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
84. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
86. A strong post (as on a wharf or quay or ship for attaching mooring lines).
87. Informal terms for money.
88. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
91. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
92. A light touch or stroke.
93. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
97. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.