1. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
4. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
9. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
13. The month following February and preceding April.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
18. A journey in a vehicle driven by someone else.
19. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
20. A genus of Vespertilionidae.
22. A temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to.
24. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
25. A person of mean disposition.
27. The sacred city of Lamaism.
29. Singing jazz.
30. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
31. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
36. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
38. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
40. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
41. A composer of sacred songs.
45. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
48. On or toward the lee.
49. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
50. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
51. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
52. A state in New England.
53. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
55. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
57. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
58. Lacking sensation.
59. A unit of pressure.
61. Trade name of a drug rich in iron.
64. A relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body.
65. To fix or set securely or deeply.
67. Occurring or payable every year.
68. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
70. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
71. A small volcanic island in Indonesia between Java and Sumatra.
73. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
74. Issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.).
76. The basic unit of money in Bulgaria.
77. English lexicographer who was a joint editor of the Oxford English Dictionary (1872-1966).
80. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
82. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
84. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
85. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
90. A fraudulent business scheme.
94. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
95. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
96. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
97. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
98. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
101. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
103. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
104. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
105. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
106. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
107. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
1. Large semi-evergreen tree of East India.
2. Expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth.
3. A public register showing the details of ownership and value of land.
4. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
5. Trade name for a drug containing an antihistamine and a decongestant.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
8. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
9. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
10. Of or relating to or supporting Hinduism.
11. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
12. The state of being rich and affluent.
13. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
14. Squash bugs.
15. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
21. Covered or protected with or as if with a case.
23. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
26. A radioactive transuranic element.
28. Valuable source of caviar and isinglass.
32. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
35. A man salesperson.
37. A submersible warship usually armed with torpedoes.
39. The dialect of Sotho spoken by the Basotho.
42. An ancient musical horn made from the horn of a ram.
43. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
44. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
46. A Japanese warrior who was a member of the feudal military aristocracy.
47. The lowest molding of an architectural base or of a baseboard.
54. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
56. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
60. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
62. Having a sophisticated charm.
63. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
66. Made tough by habitual exposure.
69. A geographical region of northeastern South America including Guyana and Surinam.
72. A city of east central Mexico (west of Veracruz).
73. The state of being rich and affluent.
75. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
78. (informal) Of the highest quality.
79. Compelled forcibly by an outside agency.
80. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
81. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
83. A large number or amount.
86. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
87. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
88. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. In bed.
91. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
92. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
93. At or constituting a border or edge.
99. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
100. An uproarious party.
102. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.