1. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
4. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
9. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
13. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
16. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
17. Showing or feeling mirth or pleasure or happiness.
18. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
19. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
20. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
21. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
22. Acid gritty-textured fruit.
23. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
24. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
26. (of a liquid) Treated by having air passed or bubbled through it for purification.
29. An ornamental net in the shape of a bag that confines a woman's hair.
30. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
33. An associate degree in applied science.
35. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
37. Having an oblique or slanted direction.
41. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
47. A disorderly outburst or tumult.
48. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
49. Relating to or accompanying birth.
53. Either of two masses of lymphatic tissue one on each side of the oral pharynx.
56. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
57. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
58. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
59. In an open way.
60. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
61. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
64. (anatomy) A natural hollow or sinus within the body.
65. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
66. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
69. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
70. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
71. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
74. A local computer network for communication between computers.
75. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
76. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
78. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
81. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
84. 1 species.
88. Large Old World bat of warm and tropical regions that feeds on fruit.
91. A region whose eastern part is Bangladesh and western part is included in India.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
94. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
95. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
97. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
98. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
99. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
100. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
101. A capacity unit used for measuring fresh herring.
102. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
1. Notable English cricketer (1882-1963).
2. (Greek mythology) The brother of Jocasta and uncle of Antigone who became king of Thebes after the fall of Oedipus.
3. Spanish painter (born in Greece) remembered for his religious works characterized by elongated human forms and dramatic use of color (1541-1614).
4. A hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair.
5. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
6. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
7. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
8. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
9. A Black youth subculture and religious movement that arose in the ghettos of Kingston, Jamaica, in the 1950s.
10. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
11. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
12. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
13. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
14. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
15. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
25. A flag that shows its nationality.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
32. A light touch or stroke.
34. A plaster containing powdered black mustard.
36. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
38. Seeming unaffected by pleasure or pain.
39. 1 species.
40. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
42. Any of several shrubs or small evergreen trees having solitary white or pink or reddish flowers.
44. The act of removing.
45. Tropical American tree with large peltate leaves and hollow stems.
46. Someone who guards the entrance to a building.
50. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
51. A Scottish word.
52. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.
54. A state in midwestern United States.
55. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
62. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
63. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
65. A public promotion of some product or service.
67. The cry made by sheep.
68. Large and brightly colored handkerchief.
69. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
72. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
73. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
77. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
79. Make anew.
80. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
82. In bed.
83. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
85. Produced by a manufacturing process.
86. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
87. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
89. A decree that prohibits something.
90. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
91. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
92. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
93. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
96. Informal terms for a mother.