1. A republic in central Europe.
4. So tight as to tend to choke.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. Goddess of fate.
16. (Irish) The sea personified.
17. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
18. (music) A curved line spanning notes that are to be played legato.
19. Seed of a pea plant.
20. Of or pertaining to American Indians or their culture or languages.
22. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
24. God of the earth.
25. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
26. (archaic) Dressed or adorned (as for battle).
28. English monk and scholar (672-735).
30. Informal terms.
32. A port city of northeastern Brazil on the Atlantic.
34. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
36. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
37. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
40. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
42. Understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something.
46. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
47. A state in New England.
48. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
49. A small zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere.
53. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
54. An encircling or ringlike structure.
56. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
57. (Sumerian) Sun god.
59. A state in midwestern United States.
61. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
62. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
65. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
67. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
68. A member of a people of India living in Maharashtra.
71. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
72. A member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries.
73. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
74. Smeared with something that soils or stains.
76. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
80. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
81. A town in northern France on the Strait of Dover that serves as a ferry port to England.
84. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
87. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
91. A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature.
92. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
95. (used informally) Very small.
96. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
97. The longest division of geological time.
99. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
101. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
102. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
103. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
104. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
105. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
1. Any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge.
2. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
3. Spanish painter (born in Greece) remembered for his religious works characterized by elongated human forms and dramatic use of color (1541-1614).
4. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
5. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
6. A song that was formerly popular.
7. A metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles).
8. An expensive vessel propelled by sail or power and used for cruising or racing.
9. State categorically.
10. A tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area.
11. The central part of a car wheel (or fan or propeller etc) through which the shaft or axle passes.
12. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
13. Activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
14. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
21. Someone who travels by raft.
23. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
27. Soviet cosmonaut who in 1961 was the first person to travel in space (1934-1968).
29. Aimlessly drifting.
31. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
33. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
35. Breaking of hard tissue such as bone.
38. Be earlier in time.
39. Relating to or characterized by chelation.
41. Someone who rouses others from sleep.
43. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
44. An important person in India.
45. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
50. A biased way of looking at or presenting something.
51. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
52. A motley assortment of things.
55. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
58. Being one more than one.
60. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
63. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
64. Located in the middle part of a ship or aircraft adv 1.
66. Advance evidence for.
69. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
70. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
75. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
77. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
78. Of or relating to or involving an area.
79. 100 ngwee equal 1 kwacha.
80. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
82. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
83. A narrow way or road.
85. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
86. A Russian river.
88. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
90. Any of various small biting flies.
93. Any high mountain.
94. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
98. An informal term for a father.
99. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
100. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.