1. Not in good physical or mental health.
4. A message that seems to convey no meaning.
9. Employed in accomplishing something.
13. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
16. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
17. A particular environment or walk of life.
18. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. Someone whose occupation is hunting turtles.
22. The general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people.
24. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
25. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (trade names Advil and Motrin and Nuprin) used to relieve the pain of arthritis and as an analgesic and antipyretic.
26. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
27. A city in southern California (southeast of Los Angeles).
29. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
31. Trade name for an alloy used to make high-energy permanent magnets.
33. Someone employed as an errand boy and luggage carrier around hotels.
37. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
41. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
42. A submachine gun operated by gas pressure.
44. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
45. A commercial center and river port in western Germany on the Rhine River.
46. The process of leaching.
49. A Hebrew prophet in the Old Testament who opposed the worship of idols.
51. Joyful religious song celebrating the birth of Christ.
52. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
53. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
55. United States feminist who was active in the women's suffrage movement (1819-1910).
56. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
57. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
59. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
62. An accountant certified by the state.
63. Of or relating to the heart.
65. A quantity of no importance.
67. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
68. Small usually bright-colored semiaquatic salamanders of North America and Europe and North Asia.
71. A commercial browser.
73. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
75. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
77. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
78. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
80. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
81. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
87. A telegram sent abroad.
91. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
93. Having excessive asymmetrical ornamentation.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. A device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces.
97. Having the same or similar characteristics.
99. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
100. Being two more than fifty.
101. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
102. A cloth having a crisscross design.
103. A small cake leavened with yeast.
104. Water frozen in the solid state.
1. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
2. (Welsh) A warrior god.
3. Immature of its kind.
4. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
5. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
6. An edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter).
7. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
8. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
10. A port in eastern Georgia near the mouth of the Savannah river.
11. A student enrolled in (or graduated from) Eton College.
12. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
13. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
14. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
15. A fraudulent business scheme.
21. United States theologian (born in Germany) (1886-1965).
23. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
28. A pipe with a long flexible tube connected to a container where the smoke is cooled by passing through water.
30. Take something away by force or without the consent of the owner.
32. A globular water bottle used in Asia.
34. Find repugnant.
35. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
36. A town in north central Oklahoma.
38. Of or relating to or characteristic of Morocco or its people.
39. A device that directs air or gas into a flame to concentrate heat.
40. Not treated with lead.
43. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
47. Grow by addition, as of capital.
48. A member of the Shoshonean people of northeastern Arizona.
50. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
54. Cry plaintively.
58. A local computer network for communication between computers.
60. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
61. The content of cognition.
64. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
66. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
69. Sound of something in rapid motion.
70. Norman leader in the First Crusade who played an important role in the capture of Jerusalem (1078-1112).
72. A usually malignant tumor arising from connective tissue (bone or muscle etc.).
74. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
76. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
79. Any of various cycads of the genus Zamia.
82. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
83. Type genus of the Ranidae.
84. A telephone connection.
85. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
86. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
88. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
89. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
90. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
92. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
94. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
98. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.