1. A young woman making her debut into society.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
12. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
18. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
19. A small island.
20. (Assyrian) Chief god of the Assyrians.
22. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
24. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
25. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
26. A support or foundation.
27. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
29. A fraudulent business scheme.
31. The seventh and last day of the week.
33. Crested screamers.
35. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
37. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
41. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
42. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
44. Any plant of the genus Filago having capitate clusters of small woolly flower heads.
45. The Latin name for England.
48. (Hinduism and Buddhism) The effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.
51. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
52. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
53. Aroused to impatience or anger.
56. Set down according to a plan.
58. A sudden short attack.
61. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
62. A port city in southwestern Iran.
64. Make a more or less disguised reference to.
65. Chiefly Old World herbs or shrubs.
68. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
70. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
71. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
72. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
76. An acute viral disease marked by inflammation of nerve cells of the brain stem and spinal cord.
79. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
80. Half the width of an em.
81. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
82. The character flaw or error of a tragic hero that leads to his downfall.
87. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
91. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
92. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
93. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
94. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
96. Female equine animal.
98. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
99. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
100. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
101. Again but in a new or different way.
102. Young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf.
1. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
2. Situated in or facing or moving toward the east.
3. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
4. A native of ancient Troy.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
7. An autonomous area in northeastern Greece that is the site of several Greek Orthodox monasteries founded in the tenth century.
8. Ctenophore having tentacles only in the immature stage.
9. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
10. 30 to 300 megahertz.
11. The sign language used in the United States.
12. British statesman who as Prime Minister bought controlling interest in the Suez Canal and made Queen Victoria the Empress of India (1804-1881).
13. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
14. Speaking a Slavic language.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
21. Not curled.
23. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
28. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
30. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
32. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
34. National capital of Solomon Islands.
36. Reduce in worth, character, etc..
38. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
39. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
40. Having no lord or master.
43. Jordan's port.
46. Of or relating to neuroglia.
47. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
49. Living in or characteristic of farming or country life.
50. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
54. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
55. A pre-Christian priest among the Celts of ancient Gaul and Britain and Ireland.
57. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
59. An informal term for a father.
60. A republic in southeastern Europe on the Adriatic coast of the Balkan Peninsula.
63. 10 grams.
66. United States physicist and molecular biologist who helped develop the first atom bomb and later opposed the use of all nuclear weapons (1898-1964).
67. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
69. The spirit of evil in Zoroastrianism.
70. The sign language used in the United States.
73. The capital of Eritrea.
74. Small genus of mediterranean shrubs.
75. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
77. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
78. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
83. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
84. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
85. A state in New England.
86. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
88. A city in northwestern Syria.
89. A very light brown.
90. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
95. Informal terms for a mother.
97. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.