1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
5. Confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle.
13. Witnessed at first hand.
17. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
18. Commonly put forth or accepted as true on inconclusive grounds.
19. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
20. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
21. One of the proteins into which actomyosin can be split.
22. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
24. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
25. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
27. A bottle with a stopper.
29. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
30. Photographic equipment consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other.
31. In a manner differing from the usual or expected.
32. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
39. Squash bugs.
41. A rheostat that varies the current through an electric light in order to control the level of illumination.
45. Any of the openings to the nasal cavities that allow air to flow through the cavities to the pharynx.
47. Being six more than fifty.
48. A person forced to flee from home or country.
50. German physicist who developed the Geiger counter (1882-1945).
51. An uproarious party.
52. A republic in western South America.
54. An airfoil that controls lateral motion.
58. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
59. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
60. The largest island of the central Ryukyu Islands.
62. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
66. A tricyclic antidepressant drug (trade name Elavil) with serious side effects.
67. The boy whose upbringing was described by Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
68. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
72. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
73. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
74. Small genus of evergreen tropical shrubs or trees with smooth leathery leaves.
76. An established custom.
79. Not still wet.
81. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
82. A small picture inserted within the bounds or a larger one.
88. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
89. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
92. Related to or located at the back.
94. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
95. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
96. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
97. A Loloish language.
98. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
99. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
100. The imperial dynasty ruling China from about the 18th to the 12th centuries BC.
101. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
102. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
2. An informal term for a father.
3. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
4. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
5. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
6. Attain success or reach a goal.
7. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
8. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
9. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
10. A state in New England.
11. Overgrown with ivy.
12. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
13. (biology) Rough to the touch.
14. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
15. At or constituting a border or edge.
16. Type genus of the Nepidae.
23. A sharp hooked claw especially on a bird of prey.
26. Unknown god.
28. Be earlier in time.
33. Cause to be bitter or resentful.
34. National capital of Kiribati.
35. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
36. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
37. Toward one side.
38. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. An Eskimo hut.
43. Being precisely fitting and right.
44. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
46. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
49. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
53. Pain in the gums.
55. A block of absorbent material saturated with ink.
56. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
57. A small mallet used by a presiding officer or a judge.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. Lacking meat.
64. A mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast.
65. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
69. The spirit of evil in Zoroastrianism.
70. Falling in drops or as if falling like rain.
71. Not out.
75. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
77. Make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc..
78. United States baseball player (born 1925).
80. Bar temporarily.
83. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
84. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
85. A quantity of no importance.
86. Very dark black.
87. An informal term for a father.
90. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
91. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
93. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.