1. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
4. The muscular back part of the shank.
8. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
12. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
16. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
17. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
18. Relating to the Urdu language.
19. A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion.
20. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
21. Type genus of the Majidae.
22. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
23. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
24. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
26. A covered passageway.
29. A city and port in northern Jutland.
30. An antianxiety agent (trade name Xanax) of the benzodiazepine class.
32. Coils of worsted yarn.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
36. Severely simple.
39. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
44. An associate degree in nursing.
45. Paint that provides a hard glossy transparent coating.
47. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
49. Not reflecting light.
51. United States choreographer noted for his use of African elements (born in 1931).
52. Type genus of the Otariidae.
54. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
55. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
56. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
58. Sleep in a convenient place.
59. (physics) A deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves.
61. Not of long duration.
63. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
64. French philosopher (1909-1943).
66. A French abbot.
67. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
69. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
72. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
74. A Loloish language.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. United States prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship by defeating Jack Dempsey twice (1898-1978).
78. The psychological result of perception and learning and reasoning.
80. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
83. The sixth month of the civil year.
85. A state in the western United States.
87. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
91. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
92. Make less active or intense.
94. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
95. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
98. The back side of the neck.
100. Goddess of fate.
101. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
102. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
103. Type genus of the Anatidae.
104. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
1. By bad luck.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. Of or relating to Samoa or its people or language or culture.
5. A city in the European part of Russia.
6. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
7. A bitter yellow powder used to treat skin diseases.
8. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
9. Toward the mouth or oral region.
10. An accessory or adjoining anatomical parts or appendages (especially of the embryo).
11. Failing to detonate.
12. Rhizomatous plant of central and southeastern United States and West Indies having large showy heads of clear blue flowers.
13. Rich and superior in quality.
14. Stems of beans and peas and potatoes and grasses collectively as used for thatching and bedding.
15. Flowing in drops.
25. Marked by cairns.
27. Tiny lobster-like crustaceans usually boiled briefly.
28. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
31. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
33. A city in western Lithuania on the Baltic Sea.
34. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
37. (British) Liable to payment of rates or taxes.
38. To a complete degree or to the full or entire extent.
40. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
41. British colonial financier and statesman in South Africa.
42. A mark to indicate a direction or relation.
43. The Holy Roman Emperors or the Emperors of Austria or Germany until 1918.
46. The eighth month of the civil year.
48. An oil port in southern Iraq.
50. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
53. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
57. A partly sheltered anchorage.
60. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
62. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
65. Having relatively few calories.
68. A picture (or series of pictures) representing a continuous scene.
69. Of or relating to Samoa or its people or language or culture.
70. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
71. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
73. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
76. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
79. (in writing) See below.
81. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
82. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
84. Dearly loved.
86. A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river.
87. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
88. Material used to daub walls.
89. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
90. An informal term for a father.
93. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
96. A Russian river.
97. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
99. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
100. An enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal.