1. A French abbot.
5. The state of owing money.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
13. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
16. A sudden short attack.
17. A slender double-reed instrument.
18. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
19. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
20. In bed.
21. A young male horse under the age of four.
22. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
23. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
24. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
26. (Arthurian legend) The battlefield where King Arthur was mortally wounded.
29. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
31. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
34. COmmon Business Oriented Language.
37. A wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs.
41. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
43. Rounded like an egg.
45. Waterproofed canvas.
46. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
48. A unit of length (in United States and Britain) equal to one twelfth of a foot.
49. A soft porous rock consisting of calcium carbonate deposited from springs rich in lime.
50. 10 grams.
52. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
53. Prevent the occurrence of.
55. (botany) Especially of plant parts.
57. A container.
58. Inability to walk.
59. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
60. United States composer (born in Austria) who collaborated with Lerner on several musicals (1901-1987).
62. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
63. (neurology) Of or relating to the vagus nerve.
65. An affix that is added at the end of the word.
70. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
71. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
73. Without qualification.
75. Not only so, but.
78. Perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements.
82. Intelligence derived from non-communications electromagnetic radiations from foreign sources (other than radioactive sources).
85. Open to or abounding in fresh air.
87. Make lighter or brighter.
88. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
89. A vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen.
90. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
92. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
94. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
95. Serving as an essential component.
96. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
97. Large African antelope with long straight nearly upright horns.
98. A small quantity of liquid.
1. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. A coffin along with its stand.
4. A doctor's degree in education.
5. Willing to be taught or led or supervised or directed.
6. Very dark black.
7. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
8. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
9. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
10. Seed of a pea plant.
11. Any plant of the genus Erica.
12. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
13. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
14. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
15. The act of scanning.
25. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
27. (of persons) Befitting a warrior.
28. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
30. A defeat of the Persian army by the Greeks in 479 BC.
32. Gradual formation of new land, by recession of the sea or deposit of sediment.
33. Caused to hear poorly or not at all.
35. Argentinian writer remembered for his short stories (1899-1986).
36. Work done in addition to regular working hours.
38. Wandering freely.
39. (geology) Used of the earliest known rocks.
40. A dicotyledonous genus of the family Labiatae.
42. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
44. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
47. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
56. A visitor to whom hospitality is extended.
61. Band or rope made of twisted twigs or stems.
64. Any of various insects that feed and form galls on conifers.
65. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
66. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
67. Arboreal nocturnal mammal of southeast Asia and the Philippines resembling a lemur and having a fold of skin on each side from neck to tail that is used for long gliding leaps.
68. In an impolite manner.
69. A state in New England.
72. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
74. Something hard to endure.
75. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
76. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
77. Showily imitative of art or artists.
79. Loose or flaccid body fat.
80. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
81. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
83. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
84. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
86. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
87. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
91. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
93. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.