1. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
4. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
8. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
12. Soft lump or unevenness in a yarn.
16. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
17. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
18. On or toward the lee.
19. Money in the form of bills or coins.
20. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
21. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
22. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
23. Type genus of the Amiidae.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. An electronic device that generates a series of beeps when the person carrying it is being paged.
28. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
33. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
34. (often used in combination) Not genuine but having the appearance of.
38. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
39. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
43. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
47. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
50. A genus of Indriidae.
51. Crowd or pack to capacity.
52. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
53. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
54. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
56. An elementary particle responsible for the forces in the atomic nucleus.
58. The universal time coordinated time when a transmission is sent from Earth to a spacecraft or other celestial body.
59. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
60. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
62. Capital and largest city of Yugoslavia.
65. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
67. Genus of East Indian trees or shrubs.
70. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
71. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
72. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
73. An electrically charged particle.
79. A small cake leavened with yeast.
80. Type genus of the Rhamnaceae.
82. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
84. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
88. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
89. One of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participates in a group organization).
92. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
94. Large gregarious predatory feline of Africa and India having a tawny coat with a shaggy mane in the male.
95. A lymph node that is inflamed and swollen because of plague or gonorrhea or tuberculosis.
96. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
98. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
99. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
100. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
101. An unofficial association of people or groups.
102. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
103. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. One of a family of granular intrusive rocks.
6. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
7. (of e.g. celestial bodies) Above the horizon.
8. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
9. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
10. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
11. Cut the head of.
12. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
13. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
14. An act that exploits or victimizes someone.
15. God of wealth and love.
25. A unit of electrical charge equal to the amount of charge transferred by a current of 1 ampere in 1 second.
27. Social insect living in organized colonies.
29. English monk and scholar (672-735).
30. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
31. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
32. The most direct route.
35. Deciduous perennial herbs of South Africa.
36. A bitter yellow powder used to treat skin diseases.
37. The act of preventing the opposition from scoring (in sports).
40. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
41. (trademark) A sweet Scotch whisky liqueur.
42. United States composer noted for his innovative use of polytonality (1874-1954).
44. Hard fiber used in making coarse twine.
45. Relating to or consisting of or emphasizing chords.
46. An often persistent bodily disorder or disease.
48. An animal trainer who tames wild animals.
49. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
55. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
57. 1/10 gram.
61. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
63. Aa slavonic language spoken in rural area of southeastern Germany.
64. Old material that is slightly reworked and used again.
66. Any of various forms of aluminum oxide occurring naturally as corundum.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
68. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
69. Related on the mother's side.
74. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
75. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
76. South African writer (1903-1988).
77. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
78. A person who makes deceitful pretenses.
79. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
81. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
83. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
85. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
86. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
87. An informal term for a father.
90. A master's degree in business.
91. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
93. A doctor's degree in theology.
97. Informal terms for a mother.