1. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
4. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. Irritate or vex.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
18. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
19. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. Bourbon with bitters and Pernod and sugar served with lemon peel.
23. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
27. Capital of Armenia.
28. Any of various cycads of the genus Zamia.
29. Not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty.
31. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
34. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
42. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
45. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
48. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
49. Having been read.
50. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
52. Ulcerated chilblain on the heel.
53. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
55. Remote and separate physically or socially.
58. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).
59. (linguistics) Relating to the dative case.
61. The compass point that is one point north of northwest.
62. Important food fish of the Nile and other rivers of Africa and Asia Minor.
64. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
65. A light touch or stroke.
66. The basic unit of money in Gambia.
68. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
69. The univalent hydrocarbon radical C2H5 derived from ethane by the removal of one hydrogen atom.
72. Large hairy humanoid creature said to live in the Himalayas.
75. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
76. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
78. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
79. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
82. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
85. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
88. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
89. Covered with paving material.
93. Being one more than two.
94. Squash bugs.
95. Not only so, but.
97. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
98. Considerate and solicitous care.
99. Having services engaged for a fee.
100. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
101. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. An associate degree in applied science.
5. Writing implement consisting of a colored stick of composition wax used for writing and drawing.
6. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
7. Come out into view, as from concealment.
8. A West African language closely related to Fula.
9. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
10. A public promotion of some product or service.
11. Extremely pleasing.
12. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
13. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
14. Any of a class of solid or semisolid viscous substances obtained either as exudations from certain plants or prepared by polymerization of simple molecules.
15. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
22. Fly a plane.
24. Lean white flesh of fish similar to but smaller than cod.
26. Filled with fear or apprehension.
30. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
32. A television broadcast.
33. A vowel whose quality or length is changed to indicate linguistic distinctions (such as sing sang sung song).
35. (informal) Exceptionally good.
39. Structure consisting of a sloping way down to the water from the place where ships are built or repaired.
40. Remaining after all deductions.
42. A decoy who acts as an enthusiastic customer in order to stimulate the participation of others.
43. A regular patron.
44. (biochemistry) Purine base found in DNA and RNA.
46. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
47. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
51. Rich in decorative detail.
54. Rounded like an egg.
56. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
57. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
60. An episode of such pastoral or romantic charm as to qualify as the subject of a poetic idyll.
63. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
67. Any of various young herrings (other than brislings) canned as sardines in Norway.
70. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
71. An East Indian sailor.
72. Become one.
73. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
74. Positioned so as to be ready for confrontation or danger.
77. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
80. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
81. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
82. Distant but within sight.
83. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
84. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
86. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
87. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
90. Black tropical American cuckoo.
91. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
92. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.