1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. State in northeastern India.
9. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
13. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. A folded part (as a fold of skin or muscle).
18. The habitation of wild animals.
19. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. Device for resetting instruments or controls v 1.
22. Report or maintain.
23. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
24. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
26. Of or relating to or characteristic of Israel or its people.
28. Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure.
30. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
32. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
33. A separate part of a whole.
34. Unreasonably rigid in the face of argument or entreaty or attack.
38. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
40. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
41. Medium-sized larch of Canada and northern United States including Alaska having a broad conic crown and rust-brown scaly bark.
45. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
49. One skilled in caring for the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician).
50. A small cake leavened with yeast.
51. A city in central New York.
52. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
56. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
57. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
58. Advanced in years.
60. Something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares.
61. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
62. Not in.
64. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
65. Having no employment.
68. Hindu sacred text instructing the Brahmins to perform the Vedic rituals.
71. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
72. A member of the Siouan people of the Kansas river valley in Kansas.
73. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
74. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
78. An associate degree in nursing.
79. A pendent spear of ice formed by the freezing of dripping water.
81. Chinese Taoist sect claiming to follow the teaching of Lao-tzu but also incorporating pantheism and sorcery.
85. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
87. Elected Vice President and became 21st President of the United States when Garfield was assassinated (1830-1886).
88. Of or at or relating to an anode.
89. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
91. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
93. Little known Kamarupan languages.
94. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
98. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
99. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
100. In the Roman calendar.
101. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
102. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. The month following March and preceding May.
5. Adroitness in using the hands.
6. Express or utter with a hiss.
7. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
8. New Zealand conifer.
9. Pain in the gums.
10. Type genus of the Gavidae.
11. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
12. Enter uninvited.
13. A chronic disorder that occurs in tropical and nontropical forms and in both children and adults.
14. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
15. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
25. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
27. Board a train.
29. A nap in the early afternoon (especially in hot countries).
31. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
35. The capital and largest city of Burundi.
36. The basic unit of money on Malta.
37. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
39. A state in northwestern North America.
42. A port city in southwestern Iran.
43. Cause to be embarrassed.
44. United States poet and critic (1916-1986).
46. Hear with intention.
47. The right to enter.
48. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
53. Classification used for 5 species of terrestrial ferns usually placed in other genera.
54. German engineer and automobile manufacturer who produced the first high-speed internal combustion engine (1834-1900).
55. The fatty flesh of eel.
59. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
63. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
66. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
67. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
69. Dyed with henna.
70. Try to stir up public opinion.
71. New Zealand conifer.
75. Tropical trees having papery leaves and large fruit.
76. The twelfth month of the civil year.
77. Type genus of the Otariidae.
80. Any system of principles or beliefs.
81. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
82. A person of subnormal intelligence.
83. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
84. A master's degree in literature.
86. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
90. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
92. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
95. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
96. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
97. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.