1. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
5. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. The central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work.
13. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
16. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
17. In bed.
18. The emotion of hate.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. English geologist remembered as the first person to recognize that dinosaurs were reptiles (1790-1852).
22. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
24. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. Open and observable.
26. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
28. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
30. A yellow quartz.
33. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
40. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
43. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
45. Two items of the same kind.
47. A Loloish language.
48. Australian clover fern.
50. At or constituting a border or edge.
52. Unknown god.
53. At any time.
54. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
55. The cry made by sheep.
57. The capital of Morocco.
59. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
60. An artificial source of visible illumination.
62. The inner sole of a shoe or boot.
64. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
66. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
67. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
68. The act of putting something in working order again.
69. An analgesic for mild pain.
71. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
73. A window above a door and hinged to a transom.
74. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
75. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
76. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety.
78. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
81. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
85. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
88. Of a pale purple color.
90. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
95. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
98. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
101. American novelist (1909-1955).
103. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
104. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
105. An exhibition of cowboy skills.
106. The act of scanning.
107. Remaining after all deductions.
1. Relieve from military service.
2. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
3. A fabric woven with fibers from the flax plant.
4. Tiny marine and freshwater crustaceans with a shrimp-like body enclosed in a bivalve shell.
5. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
6. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
7. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
8. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
9. Like or being a phantom.
10. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
11. A leather strap used to sharpen razors.
12. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
21. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
35. Consider as ideal.
37. Salted roe of sturgeon or other large fish.
38. Aromatic annual Old World herb cultivated for its finely divided and often curly leaves for use especially in soups and salads.
39. The outermost region of the sun's atmosphere.
41. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
42. The top edge of a vessel.
44. (horseshoes) The throw of a horseshoe so as to lean against (but not encircle) the stake.
46. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
49. A Russian river.
51. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
56. Channel into a new direction.
58. Delicately iridescent thimble-shaped ctenophores.
61. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
63. The complete duration of something.
65. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
70. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
72. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
77. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
79. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
80. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
82. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
83. (archaic) The emperor of Japan.
84. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
86. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
87. Moving very fast.
89. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
90. Half the width of an em.
91. Decrease gradually or bit by bit.
92. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
93. By bad luck.
94. Dignified manner or conduct.
96. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
97. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
99. A doctor's degree in religion.
100. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
102. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.