1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. Status with respect to the relations between people or groups.
9. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
13. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
16. An enclosed space.
17. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
18. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
19. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. A period count of the population.
23. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
24. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
25. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
27. A distinct feature or element in a problem.
29. Soreness and warmth caused by friction.
31. An associate degree in nursing.
32. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
33. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
34. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
35. An acute viral disease marked by inflammation of nerve cells of the brain stem and spinal cord.
38. The basic unit of money in Indonesia.
41. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
45. Rounded like an egg.
48. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
49. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
50. Plaything consisting of a pile of sand or a box filled with sand for children to play in.
51. A system of weights used for precious metals and gemstones.
52. The income arising from land or other property.
56. Report or maintain.
57. Goddess of fate.
59. Divisible by two.
60. A coastal area between La Spezia in Italy and Cannes in France.
62. Dry red table wine from the Rioja region of northern Spain.
64. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
66. (Irish) The sea personified.
67. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
68. To go back over again, as of a route or steps.
71. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
72. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
74. Used of a single unit or thing.
75. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
77. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
80. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
85. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
86. A primeval personification of air and breath.
89. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
90. Any of various insects that feed and form galls on conifers.
93. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
94. Wild and domestic cattle.
95. A small cake leavened with yeast.
96. Type genus of the Nepidae.
98. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
99. In or of the month preceding the present one.
100. In bed.
101. A young woman.
102. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
2. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. An Italian-speaking region of southern Switzerland.
5. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
6. Elongate very slender water scorpions.
7. A male massager.
8. Flesh of fish found in colder waters of northern Atlantic coast of the United States.
9. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
10. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
13. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
14. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
15. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. (printing) A short line at the end of the main strokes of a character.
26. American singer (1918-1990).
28. Of texture.
30. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
36. Too ripe.
37. The levorotatory form of dopa (trade names Bendopa and Brocadopa and Larodopa).
39. A proportion multiplied by 100.
40. A waterway that feeds water to a mill or water wheel or turbine.
42. A coupling (as in a chain) that has one end that turns on a headed pin.
43. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
44. A senior clergyman.
46. (informal) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman.
47. Store in a silo, as of fodder.
53. Arm again.
54. A city in northwestern Spain near the Cantabrian Mountains.
55. Half the width of an em.
58. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
61. A state in the eastern United States.
63. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
65. A group of mostly extinct primitive bony fishes characterized by armor-like bony scales.
69. Falling in drops or as if falling like rain.
70. Large mackerel with long pointed snout.
71. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
73. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
76. A violent hot sand-laden wind on the deserts of Arabia and North Africa.
78. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
79. Relating to or accompanying birth.
81. Absent without permission.
82. In or of the present month.
83. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
84. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
87. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
88. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
91. A light touch or stroke.
92. A boy or man.
97. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.