1. Nonresinous wood of a fir tree.
4. A manner of performance.
8. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
12. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
18. Informal terms for money.
19. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
20. Being two more than fifty.
21. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
22. A city in northwestern Syria.
23. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
24. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
26. A telegram sent abroad.
29. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
30. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
33. A Russian river.
34. An associate degree in nursing.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. Lean end of the neck.
41. A dry scab formed on the skin following a burn or cauterization of the skin.
45. An adult male singer with the lowest voice.
49. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
50. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.
51. Add to the very end.
52. A stringed instrument of India.
53. With playful slyness or roguishness.
55. Of or containing iridium.
57. A cgs unit of work or energy.
58. Low-growing tropical perennials grown for their stingless foliage.
60. Large genus of erect or climbing prickly shrubs including roses.
62. A toilet in England.
63. Offering fun and gaiety.
65. (facetious) A serving of an alcoholic beverage.
67. (prefix) Outside or outer.
69. Greenbottle flies.
72. A port in southern Sweden.
73. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
74. A hussar's jacket worn over the shoulders.
75. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
76. By that means or because of that.
80. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
83. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
85. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
89. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
90. A mountain peak in the Andes in Peru (21,709 feet high).
93. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
94. Denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten.
95. Material used to daub walls.
96. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
98. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
99. Any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping.
100. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
101. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
102. Either extremity of something that has length.
1. A genus of Falconidae.
2. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
3. A wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad.
4. A woman of refinement.
5. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
6. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
7. Any plant of the genus Erica.
8. Jordan's port.
9. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
10. On or toward the lee.
11. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
12. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
14. An extensive grassy and nearly treeless plain (especially in Latin America).
15. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
25. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
27. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
28. English biochemist (born in Germany) who discovered the Krebs cycle (1900-1981).
31. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
32. Before noon.
36. A stringed instrument related to the lute, usually played with a plectrum.
37. Tropical evergreen subshrubs (some climbers) to trees of Asia and Australasia to Americas.
39. A native or inhabitant of Rio de Janeiro.
40. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
42. A breathing orifice.
43. An emergency procedure consisting of external cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
44. A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
46. Not bearing offspring.
47. A usually malignant tumor arising from connective tissue (bone or muscle etc.).
48. A system of principles for philosophic or scientific investigations.
54. Artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers.
56. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
59. A soft mineral (calcium fluoride) that is fluorescent in ultraviolet light.
61. Lacking motor coordination.
64. Any of a class of highly reactive chemical compounds.
66. A primeval personification of air and breath.
68. Bred of parents not closely related.
69. A woman of refinement.
70. Tropical American tree with large peltate leaves and hollow stems.
71. A basketball shot made with one hand from a position under or beside the basket (and usually banked off the backboard).
77. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
78. A Hindu prince or king in India.
79. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
81. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
82. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
84. An informal term for a father.
86. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
87. Very dark black.
88. Advanced in years.
91. Take in solid food.
92. A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely.
97. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
98. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.