1. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
5. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
9. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
13. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
16. Type genus of the Amiidae.
17. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
18. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
19. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
20. (nontechnical usage) A tiny piece of anything.
21. A group of 3 goddesses of destiny.
22. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
23. United States humorist who wrote about rural life (1818-1885).
24. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
25. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
26. A roll of tobacco for smoking.
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
33. A narrative song with a recurrent refrain.
36. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
38. Informal terms for money.
41. Physicist honored for advances in solid state electronics (born in Japan in 1925).
43. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
45. The dull explosive noise made by an engine.
47. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
48. The act of sending an accused person back into custody to await trial (or the continuation of the trial) v 1.
51. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
54. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
55. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
56. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
57. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
58. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
59. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
61. An extensive grassy and nearly treeless plain (especially in Latin America).
62. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
63. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
65. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
66. A public promotion of some product or service.
67. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
70. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
76. A port city in southwestern Iran.
78. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
81. Any of various large tropical carnivorous lizards of Africa Asia and Australia.
83. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
87. Not divisible by two.
88. A plant of the genus Kniphofia having long grasslike leaves and tall scapes of red or yellow drooping flowers.
90. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
92. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
93. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
94. A small cake leavened with yeast.
96. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
97. The habitation of wild animals.
98. Having a pleasant taste (as of sugar).
99. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
100. A light touch or stroke.
1. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
2. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
3. The basic unit of money on Malta.
4. Narrow platform.
5. Having removed clothing.
6. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
7. A native or inhabitant of Brittany (especially one who speaks the Breton language).
8. A doctor's degree in optometry.
9. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
10. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
11. Water frozen in the solid state.
12. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
13. God of wealth and love.
14. Type genus of the Ranidae.
15. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
27. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
29. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
30. A city of northern Poland near the mouth of the Vistula River on a gulf of the Baltic Sea.
32. An informal term for a father.
34. Used in an attack.
35. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
37. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
39. A woman in childbirth or shortly thereafter.
40. Lacking gonads.
42. A Basque or Spanish game played in a court with a ball and a wickerwork racket.
44. Form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case.
46. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
49. Occurring widely (as to many people).
50. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
52. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
53. A rapid bustling commotion.
60. Offering safety.
64. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
66. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
68. A decree that prohibits something.
69. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
71. A native of ancient Troy.
72. A port city in western France on the Loire estuary.
73. A short close-fitting coat.
74. At or nearest to the top.
75. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
77. An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.).
78. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
79. Infestation of the pubic hair by crab lice.
80. Jordan's port.
82. A caustic substance (Ca(OH)2) produced by heating limestone.
83. A United States unit of weight equivalent to 2000 pounds.
84. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
85. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
86. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
89. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
91. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
95. A radioactive element of the actinide series.