1. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
4. A genus of Pyralidae.
9. A field of cultivated and mowed grass.
13. Worthless or oversimplified ideas.
16. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
17. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
20. A colloid that has a continuous liquid phase in which a solid is suspended in a liquid.
21. Type genus of the Caviidae.
22. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
23. A light touch or stroke.
24. Dry white Italian wine from Verona.
26. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
29. Establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts.
31. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
33. A flat mass of ice (smaller than an ice field) floating at sea.
34. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
37. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
40. The eleventh month of the civil year.
42. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
44. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
46. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
48. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
50. An informal term for a father.
51. Goat grass.
53. A sock knitted or woven with a diamond-shaped pattern.
55. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
57. Aromatic resin used in perfume and incense.
58. Hawaiian dish of taro root pounded to a paste and often allowed to ferment.
59. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
61. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
63. Contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites.
64. A badge worn to show official position.
67. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
70. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
71. (commerce) The period of time permitted by commercial usage for the payment of a bill of exchange (especially a foreign bill of exchange).
73. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
74. Used of a single unit or thing.
75. A member of a North American Indian people of southeastern California and northwestern Mexico.
78. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
81. The 13th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
82. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
83. Walk or tramp about.
88. Closed with a lace.
91. English architect (1746-1813).
92. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
93. Sour or bitter in taste.
94. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
95. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
97. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
99. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
100. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
101. Mountain avens.
102. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
103. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
1. The sacred city of Lamaism.
2. Remote in manner.
3. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
4. A linear unit of the size of type slightly larger than an em.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. A distinguished female operatic singer.
7. Line that is the commercial organization responsible for operating a railway system.
8. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
9. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
10. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
11. A dog trained to guard property.
12. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
13. A genus of Ploceidae.
14. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
15. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
25. Spread negative information about.
27. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
28. In equal amounts or shares.
30. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
32. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
35. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
38. Established by authority.
39. A soft fabric made from the wool of the Cashmere goat.
41. A city in Veneto on the River Adige.
43. A Nilotic language.
45. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
47. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
49. Discrimination against middle-aged and elderly people.
52. A United Nations agency to promote trade by increasing the exchange stability of the major currencies.
54. A mountain peak in the Saint Elias Range in the southwestern Yukon Territory in Canada (19,850 feet high).
56. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
60. A member of the Algonquian people living in Wisconsin the Fox River valley and the shores of Green Bay.
62. Towards the side away from the wind.
65. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
66. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
68. Taxonomic kingdom comprising all living or extinct animals.
69. Belonging to or prescribed for celiac disease.
72. Genus of herbs usually growing in salt marshes.
76. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
77. Distinctive manner of oral expression.
78. An informal term for a father.
79. A tribe of ancient Athenians.
80. Having winglike extensions.
84. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
85. The entire physical structure of an organism (especially an animal or human being).
86. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
87. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
89. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
90. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
96. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
98. One million periods per second.