1. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
4. An iconic mental representation.
9. A blind god.
13. A cruel and brutal fellow.
16. A doctor's degree in theology.
17. Edge tool used in shaving.
18. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
19. A master's degree in business.
20. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
21. A bitter yellow powder used to treat skin diseases.
23. The right to buy or sell property at an agreed price.
25. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
27. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
28. Equipped with or connected by gears or having gears engaged.
29. A genus of evergreen shrub that grows in New Zealand.
32. A person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers).
35. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
40. A milkshake made with malt powder.
42. Having an oblique or slanted direction.
45. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
46. (botany) Outer tissue of bark.
48. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
49. Relating to or characteristic of Shintoism.
51. A person who possesses great material wealth.
52. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
55. The habitation of wild animals.
56. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
57. A unit of weight used in some parts of Asia.
58. Hunting with dogs that are trained to chase game by sight instead of by scent.
60. Waterproofed canvas.
62. Relating to or characteristic of the Celts.
64. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
65. Not out.
68. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
69. A medium (art or business) that disseminates moving pictures.
72. A genus of European owls.
73. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
74. Located or originating from above.
76. 36th President of the United States.
77. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
79. A cavity in the mesoderm of an embryo that gives rise in humans to the pleural cavity and pericardial cavity and peritoneal cavity.
82. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
86. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
87. A capacity unit used for measuring fresh herring.
90. The capital of Western Samoa.
92. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
93. God of fire.
94. A French abbot.
95. Sew up the eyelids of hawks and falcons.
96. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
97. Having been read.
98. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
99. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
100. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
2. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
3. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
4. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
5. French revolutionary leader (born in Switzerland) who was a leader in overthrowing the Girondists and was stabbed to death in his bath by Charlotte Corday (1743-1793).
6. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
7. Largest anthropoid ape.
8. Become ground down or deteriorate.
9. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
10. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
11. Greek Cynic philosopher who rejected social conventions (circa 400-325 BC).
12. An event that repeats.
13. (Norse mythology) The primeval giant slain by Odin and his brothers and from whose body they created the world.
14. A slender double-reed instrument.
15. An unofficial association of people or groups.
22. The cry made by sheep.
24. An island in the south Pacific.
26. Jutting or overhanging.
30. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
31. Informal terms for the mouth.
33. A great rani.
34. Skillful (or showing skill) in adapting means to ends.
36. Type genus of the Coraciidae.
37. Any of the yeastlike imperfect fungi of the genus Candida.
38. Quality of coming late or later in time.
39. Of a leaf shape.
41. A cap with a flat circular top and a visor.
43. An Old World plant of the genus Scilla having narrow basal leaves and pink or blue or white racemose flowers.
44. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
47. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
50. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
53. Two performers or singers who perform together.
54. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
59. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
61. Antacid (trade name Prevacid) that suppresses acid secretion in the stomach.
63. Relating to or used in or intended for trade or commerce.
66. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
67. 1 species.
68. An event that repeats.
70. Perennial plants resembling yucca.
71. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
75. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
78. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
80. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
81. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
83. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
84. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
85. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
88. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.