1. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
4. By bad luck.
8. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
12. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
18. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
19. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
20. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
21. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
22. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
23. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
24. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
26. The vein in the center of a leaf.
29. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
31. United States baseball player.
33. The back of a saddle seat.
37. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
41. (Roman mythology) God of love.
42. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
46. A Mid-Atlantic state.
47. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
48. An ornamental net in the shape of a bag that confines a woman's hair.
50. A broom made of twigs tied together on a long handle.
52. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
53. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
54. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
56. A psychological state induced by (or as if induced by) a magical incantation.
59. The sign language used in the United States.
60. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
63. The action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack.
66. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
67. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
68. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
69. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
72. Any of various long-legged carrion-eating hawks of South and Central America.
76. A line of people or vehicles waiting for something.
79. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
83. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
84. Live in or as if in a tent.
88. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
91. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
93. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
94. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
95. Type genus of the Soleidae.
97. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
98. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
99. Austrian composer who influenced the classical form of the symphony (1732-1809).
100. A small cake leavened with yeast.
101. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
4. Pertaining to or associated with agony (especially death agonies).
5. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
6. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
7. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
8. The sixth month of the civil year.
9. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
10. Worn around arm as identification or to indicate mourning.
11. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
12. An innocuous or inert medication.
13. Framework for holding objects.
14. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
15. Clarified butter used in Indian cookery.
25. A tax on various goods brought into a town.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
30. (of champagne) Moderately dry.
32. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
34. Partial or total loss of memory.
35. A ribbonlike strip of pasta.
36. Blatant or sensational promotion.
38. A town in central Pennsylvania.
39. Someone (especially a child) who learns (as from a teacher) or takes up knowledge or beliefs.
40. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
43. A French abbot.
44. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
45. State in northeastern India.
49. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
51. Aristocratic Italian family of powerful merchants and bankers who ruled Florence in the 15th century.
55. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
57. Of a pale purple color.
58. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
61. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
62. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
64. Roman Emperor who succeeded Tiberius and whose uncontrolled passions resulted in manifest insanity.
65. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
70. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
71. With eagerness.
72. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
73. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
74. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
75. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
77. Liquid excretory product.
78. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
79. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
80. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
85. A condition requiring relief.
86. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
87. God of love and erotic desire.
89. The residue that remains when something is burned.
90. A state of southwestern India.
92. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
96. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
97. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.