1. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
4. Male red deer.
8. A sudden very loud noise.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
17. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
18. (anatomy) A somewhat rounded subdivision of a bodily organ or part.
19. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
20. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
21. Layers of ice cream and syrup and whipped cream.
23. Traveling on horseback.
25. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
27. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
28. A traditional Japanese system of unarmed combat.
29. An account describing incidents or events.
31. Enthusiastic approval.
34. Make reference to.
35. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
37. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
38. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
40. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. Meat from a calf.
50. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
51. The capital of Western Samoa.
52. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
53. A city and port in northern Jutland.
56. British informal term.
58. Afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief.
60. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
61. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
63. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
64. The hole that an anchor rope passes through.
65. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
66. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
69. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
74. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
75. Trade name for a drug containing an antihistamine and a decongestant.
79. Gin (or vodka) with dry vermouth.
80. The amount of film that has been shot.
86. Of superior grade.
87. A member of a North American Indian people living around the mouth of the Colorado river.
89. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
91. (Sumerian) Sun god.
92. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
94. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
95. An informal term for a father.
96. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
97. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
98. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
99. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
1. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. French impressionist painter (1840-1926).
4. A small amount of liquid food.
5. Derived by copying something else.
6. A city in northern India.
7. An elderly man.
8. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
9. A successful womanizer (after a fictional seducer).
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
12. Love intensely.
13. Type genus of the Giraffidae.
14. Overly eager speed (and possible carelessness).
15. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
22. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
24. United States playwright who collaborated with George S. Kaufman (1904-1961).
26. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
30. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
32. Beat with a cane.
33. Sounding as if pronounced low in the throat.
36. The process of seeping.
39. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
41. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
42. The cry made by sheep.
43. A unit of astronomical length based on the distance from Earth at which stellar parallax is 1 second of arc.
44. Language of the people of Cebu in the Philippines.
45. A handheld collapsible source of shade.
46. Minute single-celled green freshwater organism having a single flagella.
48. Mediterranean plant widely cultivated as a houseplant for its showy dark green leaves splotched with silver and nodding white or pink to reddish flowers with reflexed petals.
49. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
54. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
55. Imaginative British writer concerned with social justice (1903-1950).
57. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
59. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
62. A quick squirt of some liquid (usually carbonated water) v 1.
67. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
68. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
70. Any chamber that is connected to other chambers or passageways (especially one of the two upper chambers of the heart).
71. Far away from home or one's usual surroundings.
72. American literary critic and historian (1886-1963).
73. Valuable timber tree of New Zealand yielding hard reddish wood used for furniture and bridges and wharves.
76. A list of dishes available at a restaurant.
77. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
78. 1/10 gram.
81. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
82. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
83. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
84. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
85. Divulge information or secrets.
88. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
90. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
93. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.