1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. A tributary of the Rio Grande.
9. On, to, or at the top.
13. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
16. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
17. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
18. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
19. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
20. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
22. Persistent thickened stem of a herbaceous perennial plant.
24. Isolated from others.
26. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
28. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
29. Or or relating to or caused by tides.
30. The head of a branch of an organized crime syndicate.
34. A chain of connected ideas or passages or objects so arranged that each member is closely related to the preceding and following members (especially a series of patristic comments elucidating Christian dogma).
37. Celebes megapode that lays eggs in holes in sandy beaches.
39. Having the deep slightly brownish color of gold.
42. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
43. Of or relating to Jamaica (the island or the country) or to its inhabitants.
46. A person who makes use of a thing.
47. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
48. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
49. A member of a Dravidian people living in Pakistan.
51. Clear soup usually of beef or veal or chicken.
52. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
53. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
54. On or toward the lee.
55. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
58. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
61. The chance to speak.
62. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
63. (Sumerian) Sun god.
64. A viewer who gazes fixedly (often with hostility).
65. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
67. Doctrine of enlightenment as the realization of the oneness of one's self and the visible world.
70. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
72. Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere v 1.
73. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
74. A vertical spar for supporting sails.
77. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
79. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
81. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
82. Of or relating to or characteristic of Sweden or its people or culture or language.
86. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
90. English lexicographer who was a joint editor of the Oxford English Dictionary (1872-1966).
91. Having excessive asymmetrical ornamentation.
93. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
94. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
95. Type genus of the Nepidae.
97. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
98. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
99. A European river.
100. Be obedient to.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. The month following February and preceding April.
103. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
1. A slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer.
2. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. An informal term for a father.
5. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
6. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
7. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
8. A technician in charge of amplifying sound or producing sound effects (as for a TV or radio broadcast).
9. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
10. In some classifications considered a genus of subfamily Melinae.
11. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
12. A sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic.
13. Heavy and dull and stupid.
14. Type genus of the Ranidae.
15. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
21. (botany) Having stalked flowers along an elongated stem that continue to open in succession from below as the stem continues to grow.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
25. A mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity.
27. A decree that prohibits something.
31. Loose-fitting nightclothes worn for sleeping or lounging.
32. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
33. An industrial region in the Ukraine.
35. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
36. United States prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship by defeating Jack Dempsey twice (1898-1978).
38. A long plume (especially one of egret feathers) worn on a hat or a piece of jewelry in the shape of a plume.
40. Small genus of tropical evergreen trees or shrubs having pods like those of the acacia.
41. (medieval legends) The nephew of King Mark of Cornwall who fell in love with his uncle's bride (Iseult) after they mistakenly drank a love potion that left them eternally in love with each other.
44. A band worn around the arm for decoration.
45. Being precisely fitting and right.
50. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
56. English Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910).
57. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
59. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
60. A small nail.
66. A craftsman who makes stringed instruments (as lutes or guitars or violins).
67. An informal term for a father.
68. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
69. An ancient jar with two handles and a narrow neck.
70. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
71. A public building for gambling and entertainment.
75. Strong and sharp.
76. A fixed look with eyes open wide v 1.
78. A person of unquestioning obedience.
79. An associate degree in nursing.
80. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
83. A low heavy horsecart without sides.
84. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
85. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
86. The content of cognition.
87. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
88. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
89. An Asian river between China and Russia.
92. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
96. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
97. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).