1. Marked by the reception of pay.
5. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
9. Avatar of Vishnu.
13. A proportion multiplied by 100.
16. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
17. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
18. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
19. A toilet in England.
20. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. Relating to the belt or region of shallow water adjoining the seacoast, as in "neritic fauna".
24. In bed.
26. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
27. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
31. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
34. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
39. Being one more than one hundred.
42. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
43. Being in a state of proper balance or equilibrium.
49. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
51. Large heavy-bodied chiefly terrestrial game bird capable of powerful swift flight.
52. Any cone-shaped artifact.
53. A state of partial or total darkness.
54. Freshwater or marine or terrestrial gastropod mollusk usually having an external enclosing spiral shell.
56. Gone by.
57. A warning against certain acts.
59. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
60. The taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth.
63. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
65. A small nail.
66. The square of a body of any size of type.
67. Similar or related in quality or character.
70. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
73. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
76. A package of several things tied together for carrying or storing.
78. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
79. Gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails.
83. Small tough woody zamia of Florida and West Indies and Cuba.
86. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
88. The cry made by sheep.
89. A nurse who has enough training to be licensed by a state to provide routine care for the sick.
90. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
92. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
93. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
94. Serving as an essential component.
95. East Indian annual erect herb.
96. A small cake leavened with yeast.
97. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
98. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
1. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
2. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
3. To fix or set securely or deeply.
4. Two items of the same kind.
5. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
6. Large tropical butterfly with degenerate forelegs and an unpleasant taste.
7. The town was taken from the Turks by the Russians in 1877 after a siege of 143 days.
8. A light spar that crosses a fore-and-aft sail diagonally.
9. A quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one).
10. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
11. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
12. Before noon.
13. A river in Nebraska that flows eastward to become a tributary of the Missouri River.
14. (Greek mythology) One of the Titans.
15. The capital and largest city of Japan.
22. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
23. Not only so, but.
25. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
28. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
29. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
30. Upright deciduous plant with crimson pods and seeds.
32. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
33. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
35. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
36. Omnivorous nocturnal mammal native to North and Central America.
37. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
38. Undo the ties of.
40. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
41. An island state in the West Indies in the southeastern Caribbean Sea.
44. Run away.
45. Of or relating to or associated with the moon.
46. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
47. Sour or bitter in taste.
48. Prokaryotic bacteria and blue-green algae and various primitive pathogens.
50. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
55. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
58. Freetail bats.
61. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
62. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
64. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
65. Before noon.
68. An oral cephalosporin (trade names Keflex and Keflin and Keftab) commonly prescribe for mild to moderately severe infections of the skin or ears or throat or lungs or urinary tract.
69. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
71. Any of numerous plants widely cultivated for their showy single or double red or pink or white flowers.
72. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
74. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
75. 1/10 gram.
77. A specific instance of feeling hopeful.
80. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
81. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
82. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
84. A strong emotion.
85. The longest division of geological time.
86. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
87. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
91. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.