1. The 4th planet from the sun.
5. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
9. (informal) A bunch.
13. Inquire about.
16. Lie adjacent to another.
17. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
18. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. One of the three Furies.
21. Terrestrial game birds of the Old World and Australia.
23. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
24. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
25. Remote from actual involvement.
27. Botfly larva.
29. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
30. A tight-fitting headdress.
32. The dialect of Sotho spoken by the Basotho.
41. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
42. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light.
44. The capital of Cape Verde on Sao Tiago Island.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
46. Taken before a meal as an appetizer.
49. (law) Lacking any legal or binding force.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
53. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
54. Make editorial changes (in a text).
55. A social club for male undergraduates.
58. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
60. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
61. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
62. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
63. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
65. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
66. A state in the eastern United States.
68. An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control.
71. In an unnatural eery manner.
74. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
75. Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases.
77. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
80. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
81. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
83. A member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in northern Alabama.
86. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
89. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
91. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
93. Not in action or at work.
95. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
96. Distant in either space or time.
98. Type genus of the Anatidae.
99. A local computer network for communication between computers.
100. A white crystalline oxide used in the production of calcium hydroxide.
101. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
102. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
1. Informal terms for a mother.
2. In bed.
3. (anatomy) A fold or wrinkle or crease.
4. The largest city and former capital of Turkey.
5. A battle during the American Revolutionary War (1777).
6. The sixth month of the civil year.
7. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
8. Boxcar with latticed sides.
9. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
10. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
11. Punish with an arbitrary penalty.
12. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
22. A bachelor's degree in theology.
26. Rebuffed (by a lover) without warning.
28. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
31. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
33. An organism (especially a bacterium) that does not require air or free oxygen to live.
34. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
35. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
36. To go back over again, as of a route or steps.
37. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
38. Praise, glorify, or honor.
39. One of four subclasses or superorders of Monocotyledones.
40. Ethiopia is a republic in northeastern Africa on the Red Sea.
43. Country of southeastern Asia that extends southward along the isthmus of Kra to the Malay peninsula.
47. Reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa.
48. Of the nature of fact.
51. A reappearance of an earlier characteristic.
56. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
57. Having the shape of a sphere or ball.
59. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
64. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
67. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
69. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
70. (botany) Of or relating to or functioning as a cambium.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
72. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
73. Japanese mathematical physicist who proposed that nuclear forces are mediated by massive particles called mesons which are analogous to the photon in mediating electromagnetic forces (1907-1981).
76. Tag the base runner to get him out.
78. The sepals of a flower collectively forming the outer floral envelope or layer of the perianth enclosing a developing bud.
79. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
82. Fallow deer.
84. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
85. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
87. Speaking a Slavic language.
88. Flat tableland with steep edges.
90. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
91. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
92. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
94. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
97. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.