1. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
5. A member of the British order of honor.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
13. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
16. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
17. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
18. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
19. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
20. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
22. The Fate who determines the length of the thread of life.
25. A genus of Ploceidae.
28. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
29. Make less visible or unclear.
31. The amount a salary is increased.
34. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
38. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
45. Any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted.
47. Durable fragrant wood.
49. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
50. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
51. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
53. The residue that remains when something is burned.
54. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
56. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
57. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
59. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
60. A port city in southwestern Iran.
63. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
65. A card game for 2 players.
67. An informal term for a father.
68. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
69. A vigorous blow.
71. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
72. A block of absorbent material saturated with ink.
76. (computer science) A secondary menu that appears while you are holding the cursor over an item on the primary menu.
81. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
85. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
88. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
89. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
90. Overgrown with ivy.
92. Avatar of Vishnu.
93. The site of an archeological exploration.
94. Failing to detonate.
95. (law) A formal objection to an opponent's pleadings.
96. Colored or impregnated with dye.
97. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
2. French revolutionary leader (born in Switzerland) who was a leader in overthrowing the Girondists and was stabbed to death in his bath by Charlotte Corday (1743-1793).
3. In bed.
4. A concise reference book providing specific information about a subject or location.
5. The cry made by sheep.
6. An associate degree in nursing.
7. An exhibition of cowboy skills.
8. A city in southeastern South Korea.
9. A projectile that is fired from a gun.
10. Photographic equipment consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other.
11. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
12. A bachelor's degree in religion.
13. Lower in esteem.
14. Type genus of the Majidae.
15. A major god.
21. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
23. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
24. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
26. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
27. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
30. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. An upstart who makes conceited, sardonic, insolent comments.
35. A battle in the Seven Years' War (1757).
36. A view of the sea.
37. 15th President of the United States (1791-1868).
39. An active volcano in southeastern Colombia in the Andes.
40. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
41. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
42. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
43. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
44. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
46. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
48. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
52. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
55. A town in southwestern British Columbia on Vancouver Island west of Vancouver.
58. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
61. A small cake leavened with yeast.
62. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
64. (zoology) Relating to or belonging to or characteristic of any worms of the phylum Annelida.
65. The cry made by sheep.
66. Music with a syncopated melody (usually for the piano).
67. A bachelor's degree in religion.
70. A public promotion of some product or service.
73. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
74. (Judaism) A Jewish holy day commemorating their deliverance from massacre by Haman.
75. An orderly arrangement.
77. Relating to the Urdu language.
78. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
79. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
80. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
81. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
82. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
83. Anything that serves as an enticement.
84. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
86. 32nd President of the United States.
87. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
91. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.