1. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
4. State in northeastern India.
9. Informal terms for money.
13. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
16. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
17. A statement (either spoken or written) that is made in reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation.
18. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
19. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
20. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
21. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
22. A vigorous blow.
23. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
24. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
26. Jordan's port.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
32. A Russian river.
33. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
35. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
38. The largest and southernmost island in the Marianas.
40. Rock star and drummer for the Beatles (born in 1940).
44. A light-weight hat worn in tropical countries for protection from the sun.
49. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
50. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
51. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
52. Inflammation of the aorta.
53. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
54. Twist or braid together, interlace.
56. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
57. A member of the Siouan people living in the Yazoo river valley in Mississippi.
58. Virility drug (trade name Viagra) used to treat erectile dysfunction in men.
60. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
63. A transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images.
65. Become or cause to become undone by separating the fibers or threads of.
66. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
68. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
69. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
70. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
72. A series of things depending on each other as if linked together.
73. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
77. Deserving a curse.
78. The sixth month of the civil year.
79. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
81. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
86. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
90. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
91. Subdivision not used in some classifications.
93. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
95. The cry made by sheep.
96. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
99. Not in good physical or mental health.
100. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
101. The mother-in-law of Ruth whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament.
102. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
103. A doctor's degree in education.
1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
2. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
3. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
4. A large fleet.
5. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
6. Any of various moths with long narrow forewings capable of powerful flight and hovering over flowers to feed.
7. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
8. Tropical Asian starlings.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
11. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
12. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
13. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
14. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
15. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
25. A small flag used by surveyors or soldiers to mark a position.
27. A member of a Finnish people living in the northwestern Urals in Russia.
28. An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole.
31. Egyptian statesman who became president in 1981 after Sadat was assassinated (born in 1929).
34. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
36. Coextensive with the subkingdom Parazoa.
37. A segment of DNA containing adjacent genes including structural genes and an operator gene and a regulatory gene.
39. Dry brandy distilled in the Armagnac district of France.
41. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
42. An inflammation of the mucous membrane lining the nose (usually associated with nasal discharge).
43. Living in a particular place.
45. Relating to or operating by means of valves.
46. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
47. A colloid that has a continuous liquid phase in which a solid is suspended in a liquid.
48. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
55. In 1649 the place was captured by Oliver Cromwell, who massacred the Catholic inhabitants.
59. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
61. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
62. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
64. Relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body.
67. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
71. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
74. 1 species.
75. A salesman who travels to call on customers.
76. Division of a group into opposing factions.
80. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
82. Country of southeastern Asia that extends southward along the isthmus of Kra to the Malay peninsula.
83. A slight indication.
84. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
85. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
87. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
88. Cause annoyance in.
89. With no effort to conceal.
92. The capital and largest city of Japan.
94. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
98. A radioactive element of the actinide series.