1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. A large number or amount.
9. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
13. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
16. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
17. Possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers.
18. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
19. The sound made by a gentle blow.
20. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
22. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
24. Affect with wonder.
26. Mix together different elements.
27. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
28. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
29. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
31. A small unit serving as the nucleus of a larger political movement.
32. An informal term for a father.
37. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
39. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
44. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
46. A colorless fragrant liquid found in many essential oils.
50. (Babylonian) The sky god.
52. Hang loosely or laxly.
53. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
54. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
55. Tropical Asian starlings.
57. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
59. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
60. Enthusiastic approval.
61. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
63. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
64. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
65. Failure of some tissue or organ to develop.
68. Fiddler crabs.
69. Something considered choice to eat.
70. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
71. Lacking a visible order or organization.
74. A unit of astronomical length based on the distance from Earth at which stellar parallax is 1 second of arc.
77. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
78. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
80. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
87. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
89. One of the players on the line of scrimmage.
93. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
94. The Oceanic language spoken by the Maori people in New Zealand.
95. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
97. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
98. An enclosed space.
99. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
100. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
101. A passage with access only at one end.
1. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
2. Low land that is seasonally flooded.
3. Covered with or resembling slime.
4. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
5. The sound made by corvine birds.
6. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
7. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
8. Sudden mass fear and anxiety over anticipated events.
9. Nocturnal fruit-eating bird of South America that has fatty young yielding an oil that is used instead of butter.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
12. A man who is engaged to be married.
13. Tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood) where people can sit to watch an event (game or parade).
14. A person afflicted with leprosy.
15. English explorer who with Sir Richard Burton was the first European to explore Lake Tanganyika.
21. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
23. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
25. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
30. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
33. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
34. A loose cloak with a hood.
35. (prosody) Of or consisting of spondees.
36. Very light colored.
38. (British) A car that is even smaller than a subcompact car.
40. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
41. An indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint.
42. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
43. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
45. A town in east central Indiana.
47. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
48. Wild ox of mountainous areas of eastern India.
49. A vowel whose quality or length is changed to indicate linguistic distinctions (such as sing sang sung song).
51. The first Hindu calendar month (corresponding to March or April in the Gregorian calendar).
56. A non-aromatic saturated hydrocarbon with the general formula CnH(2n+2).
58. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
62. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
66. Genus of American of east Asian perennial herbs with yellow to orange or red flower rays.
67. Presence of excess lipids in the blood.
72. A large fleet.
73. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
76. Insectivorous usually semiaquatic web-footed amphibian with smooth moist skin and long hind legs.
77. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
79. A small cake leavened with yeast.
80. A master's degree in education.
81. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
84. Colloquial British abbreviation.
85. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
86. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
88. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
90. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
91. (prefix) Reverse of or absence of.
92. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
93. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
96. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.