1. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
4. A bottomless gulf or pit.
9. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
13. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
16. A nurse who has enough training to be licensed by a state to provide routine care for the sick.
17. English monk and scholar (672-735).
18. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
19. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
20. Power to direct or determine.
22. Fruit or seed of the cowpea plant.
23. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
24. Capable of having having clear evidence of eliminated without trace.
26. Gear for a horse.
28. The herd of horses from which those to be used the next day are chosen.
29. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
30. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
31. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
35. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
37. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
38. A man who serves as a sailor.
41. Related on the mother's side.
44. A member of the Taracahitian people of central Mexico.
47. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
48. A bachelor's degree in religion.
49. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
50. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
51. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
53. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
55. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
57. A small cake leavened with yeast.
59. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
60. Water frozen in the solid state.
61. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
63. A European river.
67. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
70. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
71. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
72. Type genus of the Nepidae.
74. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
76. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
77. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
79. Relating to or associated with an empire.
81. West Indian shrub or small tree having leathery saponaceous leaves and extremely hard wood.
84. Fringed or adorned with tassels.
88. A fit of shivering.
89. Valuable timber tree of New Zealand yielding hard reddish wood used for furniture and bridges and wharves.
91. Of textiles.
92. Endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys.
93. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
94. The content of cognition.
96. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
97. Not only so, but.
98. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
99. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
100. A slight amount or degree of difference.
1. A circumscribed inflammatory and often suppurating lesion on the skin or an internal mucous surface resulting in necrosis of tissue.
2. Small usually single-celled reproductive body produced especially by certain bacteria and algae and fungi and nonflowering plants.
3. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
4. A substance that abrades or wears down.
5. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
6. A loud utterance.
7. A state in north central United States.
8. An enclosed space.
9. The first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures comprising the first five books of the Old Testament considered as a unit.
10. City in central Iran.
11. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
12. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
13. Genus of low slender herbs of North America and northeastern Asia having flowers with trifid or pinnatifid petals.
14. Make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc..
15. Genus of large deciduous nut-bearing trees.
21. A naval battle in the Russo-Japanese War (1905).
25. Jointed and nearly leafless desert shrub having reduced scalelike leaves and reddish fleshy seeds.
27. Port city on Atlantic coast.
32. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
33. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. (anatomy) A small structure resembling a rootlet (such as a fibril of a nerve).
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
42. Abundantly filled with especially living things.
43. The land mass formed by the continents of Europe and Asia.
45. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
46. Before noon.
52. Lower in esteem.
54. A group of Niger-Congo languages spoken primarily in southeastern Mali and northern Ghana.
56. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
58. Old World woody vines.
62. A fibrous amphibole.
64. A mortise joint formed by interlocking tenons and mortises.
65. Someone who systematically obstructs some action that others want to take.
66. The agent to whom property involved in a bailment is delivered.
68. King of Scotland (died in 1057).
69. Insanely irresponsible.
70. An enclosed space.
73. Type genus of the Parulidae.
75. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
78. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
80. An ancient city on the Nile in Egypt.
82. American novelist (1909-1955).
83. A set of rules or principles or laws especially written ones.
85. Being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the west when facing north.
86. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
87. Two items of the same kind.
90. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
95. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.