1. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
4. Wasting of the body during a chronic disease.
9. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
13. The compass point midway between south and southwest.
16. (informal) Roused to anger.
17. A useful or valuable quality.
18. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
19. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
20. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
22. A flammable hydrocarbon oil used as fuel in lamps and heaters.
25. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
26. Not very intelligent or interested in culture.
27. Large hairy humanoid creature said to live in the Himalayas.
28. A Mid-Atlantic state.
30. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
31. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
34. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
37. Belonging to or prescribed for celiac disease.
40. The cry made by sheep.
43. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
44. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
45. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
47. Soviet chief of secret police under Joseph Stalin.
49. Having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns etc..
51. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
53. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
54. American dramatist (1928- ).
55. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
57. A group of more than 800 islands (100 inhabited) in the southwestern Pacific.
58. Founder of Buddhism.
60. Tropical American plants with basal rosettes of fibrous sword-shaped leaves and flowers in tall spikes.
62. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
63. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
64. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
65. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
66. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
67. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
69. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
71. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
74. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
80. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
81. The capital and largest city of the Central Africa Republic.
84. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
86. Not agitated.
88. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
90. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
91. Fallow deer.
94. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
97. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
98. Type genus of the Amiidae.
99. A city in southern Japan on Kyushu.
101. The basic unit of money in Iran.
102. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
103. Type genus of the family Plantaginaceae.
104. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
105. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
1. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
2. An informal term for a father.
3. The sixth month of the civil year.
4. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
5. (used especially of glances) Directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy.
6. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
7. Suggestive of the supernatural.
8. Someone acting as an informer or decoy for the police.
9. American novelist (1909-1955).
10. Possessing qualities befitting a man.
11. How long something has existed.
12. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
13. Type genus of the Soleidae.
14. A short erect tail.
15. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
21. French composer of operas (1842-1912).
23. Gull-like jaeger of northern seas.
24. Any of various butterflies of the family Lycaenidae.
29. A mountain peak in the Andes in Peru (21,709 feet high).
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
35. Plant again or anew.
36. Something given or done as an expression of esteem.
38. The basic unit of money on Malta.
39. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
41. Produced by forcing air through a constricted passage (as `f'. `s', `z', or `th' (in both `thin' and `then')).
42. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
46. Of or relating to Slavic languages.
48. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
50. Not only so, but.
52. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
56. Chiefly tropical trees and shrubs and vines usually having a tall columnar trunk bearing a crown of very large leaves.
59. New Zealand conifer.
61. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
68. Possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers.
69. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
70. Tropical American aroid having edible tubers that are cooked and eaten like yams or potatoes.
71. Someone acting as an informer or decoy for the police.
72. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
73. A large crater caused by the violent explosion of a volcano that collapses into a depression.
74. Type genus of the Soleidae.
76. A partially opened flower.
78. Cast again, in a different role.
79. Roman general who commanded the invasion of Carthage in the second Punic War and defeated Hannibal at Zama (circa 237-183 BC).
82. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
83. A water wheel with buckets attached to the rim.
85. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
87. A crime syndicate in the United States.
88. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
89. Consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs.
92. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
93. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
95. Former measure of the US economy.
96. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
100. One thousand grams.