1. The unit of frequency.
4. An artificial language intended for international use as an auxiliary language.
9. A large number or amount.
13. Contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites.
16. Fleshy folds of tissue as those surrounding the mouth.
17. (printing) A short line at the end of the main strokes of a character.
18. Not only so, but.
19. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
20. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
22. Hardy breed of cattle resulting from crossing domestic cattle with the American buffalo.
24. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
26. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
28. A tricyclic antidepressant (trade names Adapin and Sinequan) with numerous side effects (dry mouth and sedation and gastrointestinal disturbances).
29. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
30. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
32. Towards the side away from the wind.
34. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
40. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
43. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
47. A city in western Germany on the Rhine River.
49. A visual presentation showing how something works.
50. A fibrous scleroprotein in bone and cartilage and tendon and other connective tissue.
51. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
52. Of or relating to studies beyond a bachelor's degree.
54. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
55. Having an oblique or slanted direction.
57. Of or relating to or supporting Hinduism.
60. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
61. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
62. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
63. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
64. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
68. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
69. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
72. A daughter of your brother or sister.
73. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
75. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
76. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
78. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
81. The highest level or degree attainable.
88. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
90. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
91. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
92. Being one more than two.
93. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
95. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
96. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
97. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
98. A reddish-brown chloride of heme.
99. A condition requiring relief.
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
101. 1/10 gram.
1. Anything that covers or conceals.
2. Type genus of the Pipridae containing the typical manakins.
3. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
4. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
5. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
6. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
7. A German art song of the 19th century for voice and piano.
8. Viscera and trimmings of a butchered animal often considered inedible by humans.
9. United States poet (1885-1928).
10. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
11. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
12. Shell containing lead pellets that explodes in flight.
13. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
14. A slender double-reed instrument.
15. Tropical Asian starlings.
21. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
23. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
25. A large fleet.
27. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
31. Clothing for the head.
33. Cause a floating log to rotate by treading.
35. A European river.
36. Of or relating to or causing constriction of the pupil of the eye.
37. A motley assortment of things.
38. Type genus of the family Elephantidae.
39. Of or relating to tension.
41. A member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in northern Alabama.
42. Poorly stated or described.
44. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
45. Someone who makes and sells hats.
46. The academic world.
48. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
53. Remove from its packing.
56. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
58. A city in northwestern Syria.
59. A region of northeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
65. A word or phrase spelled by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase.
66. A genus of Mustelidae.
67. True antelopes.
68. Shell containing lead pellets that explodes in flight.
70. In bed.
71. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
74. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
77. Come into existence.
79. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
80. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
82. The protruding part of the lower jaw.
83. Type genus of the Majidae.
84. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
85. (used of especially horses) Having a brownish coat thickly sprinkled with white or gray.
86. The part of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface (may have various shapes).
87. Praise, glorify, or honor.
89. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
94. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.