1. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
4. Lie adjacent to another.
8. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
12. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
16. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
17. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
18. The basic unit of money in Iran.
19. English monk and scholar (672-735).
20. Lean end of the neck.
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. Utter a high-pitched cry, characteristic of pigs.
24. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
25. Of or like a cecum.
27. A republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia.
30. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
32. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
33. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
35. (informal) Someone whose style is out of fashion.
37. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
39. English writer of macabre short stories (1863-1943).
42. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
43. Informal terms for a mother.
45. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
48. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
49. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
50. One of the green parts that form the calyx of a flower.
55. A long fishing line with many shorter lines and hooks attached to it (usually suspended between buoys).
56. A movable barrier used in motor racing.
58. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
60. Leaves of the tobacco plant dried and prepared for smoking or ingestion.
61. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
62. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
63. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
64. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
65. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
66. (Roman Catholic Church) The supreme ecclesiastical tribunal for cases appealed to the Holy See from diocesan courts.
68. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
70. Used of a single unit or thing.
71. A Loloish language.
73. A Russian vehicle (carriage or sled) pulled by three horses abreast.
77. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
78. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
82. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
87. A doctor's degree in music.
90. (psychology) An urge to accept or approach a situation or an object.
92. A tumor of the brain consisting of neuroglia.
94. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
95. A youth subculture that began in London in the early 1960s.
96. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
98. A small cake leavened with yeast.
99. (informal) Roused to anger.
100. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
101. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
102. The sixth month of the civil year.
103. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
2. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
3. Marked by practical hardheaded intelligence.
4. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
5. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
6. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
7. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
8. Become ground down or deteriorate.
9. Being three more than fifty.
10. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
11. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
12. (psychology) An urge to withdraw or avoid a situation or an object.
13. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
14. A European river.
15. Informal terms for a mother.
21. A member of the North American Indian people of the Pit river valley in northern California.
26. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
28. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
29. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
31. Former name for the order Crocodylia.
34. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
36. (mathematics) A symbol that represents a function from functions to functions.
38. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
40. Loud confused noise from many sources.
41. Relating to human society and its members.
44. Muslim name for God.
46. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
47. A high-kicking dance of French origin performed by a female chorus line.
51. Italian sociologist and economist whose theories influenced the development of fascism in Italy (1848-1923).
52. A woman who tells fortunes.
53. A battle in World War II.
54. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
57. Covered with paving material.
59. New Zealand conifer.
67. Aimlessly drifting.
68. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
69. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
72. Preaching the gospel of Christ in the manner of the early church.
73. A European river.
74. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
75. The face of a timepiece.
76. A state in midwestern United States.
79. (informal British usage) Aggravation or aggression.
80. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
81. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
83. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
84. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
85. The food served and eaten at one time.
86. Taking place over public roads.
88. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
89. An informal term for a father.
91. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
97. An expression of greeting.