1. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
4. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
9. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
13. The cry made by sheep.
16. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
17. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
18. A bachelor's degree in library science.
19. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
20. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
21. Bark rich in tannin.
23. Someone who samples food or drink for its quality.
25. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
27. Having gaps or spaces.
28. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
29. Marked by lack of intellectual depth.
31. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
32. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
33. A solid food prepared from the pressed curd of milk.
37. A joint that holds two parts together so that one can swing relative to the other.
40. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
41. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
43. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
44. A support placed beneath or against something to keep it from shaking or falling.
46. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
50. A man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.
51. A city in northeastern China.
55. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
56. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
58. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
59. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
62. The basic unit of money in Sierra Leone.
64. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
66. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
67. An uncertain region on the east shore of the Adriatic where an ancient Indo-European people once lived.
69. Transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public.
71. Showily imitative of art or artists.
72. An aromatic tree of the genus Clusia having large white or yellow or pink flowers.
73. Any of various floor-like platforms built into a vessel.
74. Denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten.
75. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
78. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
81. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
84. At or constituting a border or edge.
86. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
89. Dragonflies and damselflies.
91. Having or as if having limbs (especially limbs of a specified kind).
94. Automatic data processing by electronic means without the use of tabulating cards or punched tapes.
95. Having much flesh (especially fat).
96. A brass instrument without valves.
98. Fearless and daring.
99. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
100. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
101. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
102. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
103. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
1. United States virologist who developed the Salk vaccine that is injected against poliomyelitis (born 1914).
2. The content of cognition.
3. An event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another.
4. Bottom-dweller of warm western Atlantic coastal waters having a flattened scaleless body that crawls about on fleshy pectoral and pelvic fins.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. Something that hinders as if with bonds v 1.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. Type genus of the Anatidae.
9. A member of a North American Indian people of southwestern Oregon.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
12. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
13. The peninsula and island in the Philippines where Japanese forces besieged American forces in World War II.
14. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
15. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
22. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
24. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
26. A city in northwestern Syria.
30. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
34. Sometimes placed in genus Scilla.
35. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
36. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
38. A member of the people of Gujarat.
39. A group of bracts simulating a calyx as in a carnation or hibiscus.
42. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
45. Brass that looks like gold.
47. An ancient region of northeastern Africa (southern Egypt and northern Sudan) on the Nile.
48. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
49. The capital and chief port and largest city of Senegal.
52. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
53. A person who wants or needs something.
54. An associate degree in nursing.
57. A weekday on which no feast is celebrated.
60. Of or relating to near the ear.
61. An authoritative person who divines the future.
63. An antifungal and antibiotic (trade names Mycostatin and Nystan) discovered in New York State.
65. Before noon.
68. (Greek mythology) The Titan who was father of Atlas and Epimetheus and Prometheus in ancient mythology.
69. Something that hinders as if with bonds v 1.
70. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
76. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
77. (Greek mythology) The beautiful daughter of Zeus and Leda who was abducted by Paris.
79. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
80. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
82. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
83. A member of the Dravidian people living in the Nilgiri hills in southern India.
85. A slender double-reed instrument.
87. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
88. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
93. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
97. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.