1. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
4. A vigorous blow.
8. A thrusting blow with a knife.
12. Highly excited.
16. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
17. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
18. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
19. Type genus of the Rutaceae.
20. An iron-clad vessel built by the Confederate forces in the hope of breaking the blockade imposed by the North.
21. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
22. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
23. Seed of a pea plant.
24. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
26. No longer active or practicing.
28. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
30. Unknown god.
31. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
33. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
39. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
42. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
44. 1 species.
47. A plain plinth that supports a wall.
49. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
50. A blow that renders the opponent unconscious.
51. The fourth or lowest deck.
53. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
54. Industrial city of Belarus southeast of Minsk.
56. A pause or interruption (as in a conversation).
59. Oil palms.
61. A port city in northwestern France (in Brittany).
63. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
64. A public toilet in a military area.
66. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
67. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
68. Ending in a sharp point.
71. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
72. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
74. Plaything consisting of a container filled with toys and candy.
76. British colonial financier and statesman in South Africa.
79. A state in northwestern North America.
81. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
82. The time that has elapsed.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
85. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
88. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
91. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
93. German naturalist whose speculations that plants and animals are made up of tiny living `infusoria' led to the cell theory (1779-1851).
95. Extremely pleasing.
96. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
97. Characterized by rising prices.
98. Not widely known.
99. Being nine more than eighty.
100. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
101. A small island.
102. Any of various small biting flies.
103. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
1. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
2. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
3. Imprisonment (especially for a long time).
4. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
5. A large fleet.
6. A fraudulent business scheme.
7. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
8. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
9. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. A state of extreme confusion and disorder.
12. A member of a North American Plains people (now living in Oklahoma and Wyoming).
13. A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.
14. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
15. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
25. An obnoxious and foolish and loquacious talker.
27. Type genus of the Anatidae.
29. An employee who mixes and serves alcoholic drinks at a bar.
32. Tag the base runner to get him out.
34. Brownish Old World bunting often eaten as a delicacy.
36. A group of countries in special alliance.
38. A sale intended to dispose of all remaining stock.
40. The state of being allied or confederated.
41. Not treated with lead.
43. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
45. Relating to or associated with Arabia or its people.
46. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
48. Omnivorous mammal of Central and South America.
52. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
55. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
57. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
58. An inland sea in northwestern Turkey.
60. Erect leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground as in a tulip.
62. A linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard.
65. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
69. Lightweight parka.
70. A city and port in northern Jutland.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
73. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
74. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
75. (Greek mythology) Son of Daedalus.
77. Large stinging paper wasp.
78. Characterized by divine or godlike nature.
79. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
80. Fiber from an East Indian plant Hibiscus cannabinus.
84. A wine bottle made of leather.
86. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
87. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
88. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
89. A car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money.
90. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
92. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
94. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.