1. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
4. Full of flavor.
9. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
13. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
16. A doctor's degree in education.
17. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
18. A city in east central Texas.
19. A depression in an otherwise level surface.
20. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
21. Baked dish of layers of lasagna pasta with sauce and cheese and meat or vegetables.
23. Enclose in, or as if in, a case "my feet were encased in mud.".
25. Jordan's port.
27. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
29. Of or relating to or measured in ohms.
30. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
32. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
34. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
36. Before noon.
37. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
39. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
41. The basic unit of money in Indonesia.
45. A branch of the Tai languages.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
50. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
51. A characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves).
52. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
53. (heraldry) Applied to a fish depicted horizontally.
57. A persistently annoying person.
59. East Asian perennial herbs.
61. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
62. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. A thrusting blow with a knife.
66. Language of the people of Cebu in the Philippines.
67. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
68. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
69. A republic in northeastern Africa known as the United Arab Republic until 1971.
70. (British) Your grandmother.
72. The 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
75. A state in midwestern United States.
76. An uproarious party.
77. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
80. Any seed plant yielding balsam.
83. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
84. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
87. An iconic mental representation.
92. The friend of Phintias who pledged his life that Phintias would return (4th century BC).
95. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
98. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
99. A rope fitted with a hook and used for towing a gun carriage.
101. Food for domestic livestock.
102. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
103. A musical composition in several movements.
104. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
2. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
3. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
4. A deep bow.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. Large African antelope with long straight nearly upright horns.
7. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
8. (Phoenician and Philistine) God of agriculture and the earth.
9. Implement consisting of a small piece of cotton that is used to apply medication or cleanse a wound or obtain a specimen of a secretion.
10. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. The capital and largest city of Hawaii.
13. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
14. Not final or absolute.
15. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
22. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
24. A woman's shoe with a very high thick sole.
26. (informal) Exceptionally good.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
35. (psychoanalysis) That part of the unconscious mind that acts as a conscience.
38. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
40. The large yellow root of a rutabaga plant used as food.
42. Not established by conditioning or learning.
43. Youthful appearance in an old person.
44. Any of several trees or shrubs of the genus Carpinus.
46. A battle in 1645 that settled the outcome of the first English Civil War as the Parliamentarians won a major victory over the Royalists.
47. Cause to lose one's nerve.
49. Of or denoting or relating to the Balkan countries or their inhabitants or the Balkan peninsula or the Balkan Mountains.
54. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
55. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
56. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
58. A small hairpiece to cover partial baldness.
60. God of the Underworld.
63. Club consisting of a heavy stick (often bamboo) bound with iron.
71. Someone who operates an aircraft.
72. (Phoenician and Philistine) God of agriculture and the earth.
73. A member of a North American Indian people living east of the Sacramento river in California.
74. Important European leguminous forage plant with trifoliate leaves and blue-violet flowers grown widely as a pasture and hay crop.
75. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
78. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
79. Large terrestrial monkeys having doglike muzzles.
81. A violent hot sand-laden wind on the deserts of Arabia and North Africa.
82. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
85. A light semitransparent fabric.
86. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
88. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
89. Any of several large turkey-like game birds of the family Cracidae.
90. Denuded of leaves.
91. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
93. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
94. A quantity of no importance.
96. The unit of frequency.
97. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
98. A very attractive or seductive looking woman.
100. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.