1. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
4. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
9. Something that hinders as if with bonds v 1.
13. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
16. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
17. Type genus of the Culicidae.
18. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. The residue that remains when something is burned.
20. Attribute to a source or cause.
22. First in order of birth.
24. A negative.
25. The capital of Tajikistan.
26. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
28. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
31. Placed crosswise.
36. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
37. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
38. Liveliness of mind or spirit.
41. (British slang) Cafe.
45. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
46. A genus of plants with pods that ripen underground (see peanut).
48. A Polynesian rain dance performed by a woman.
49. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
51. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
52. A slow pace of running.
53. A person who acts and gets things done.
55. A person who yawns.
57. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
59. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
60. The basic unit of money in Peru.
61. In ancient Semitic folklore.
62. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
64. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
65. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
67. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
69. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
70. Not wide.
74. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
77. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
78. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
80. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
82. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
90. (Roman Catholic) A greeting signifying Christian love for those assisting at the Eucharist.
92. The capital of Bahrain.
94. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
95. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
96. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
98. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
99. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
100. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
101. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
102. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
1. Toward the mouth or oral region.
2. A Loloish language.
3. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. Plants closely allied to the genera Satureja and Calamintha.
5. The lowest molding of an architectural base or of a baseboard.
6. On or toward the lee.
7. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
8. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
9. Speak unfavorably about.
10. The content of cognition.
11. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
12. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
13. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
14. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
15. A milky fluid consisting of lymph and emulsified fats.
21. Shrubby plant with aromatic grayish-green leaves used as a cooking herb.
23. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
27. German dramatist and poet who developed a style of epic theater (1898-1956).
29. New World flycatchers.
30. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
32. Green turtles.
33. A rectangular groove made to hold two pieces together.
34. An ungainly posture with arms and legs spread about.
35. Childhood disease caused by deficiency of vitamin D and sunlight associated with impaired metabolism of calcium and phosphorus.
39. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
40. A dry scab formed on the skin following a burn or cauterization of the skin.
42. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
43. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
44. Salt pork from the back of a hog carcass.
47. A state in midwestern United States.
50. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
54. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
56. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
58. A public promotion of some product or service.
63. Cause to become awake or conscious.
66. An electrically charged particle.
68. A French abbot.
71. Deer grass.
72. A holding device.
73. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
75. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
76. Mexican revolutionary who led a revolt for agrarian reforms (1879-1919).
79. The cry made by sheep.
81. Someone whose business is advertising.
83. Very light colored.
84. Any competition.
85. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
86. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
88. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
89. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
91. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
93. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.