1. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
4. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
8. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
12. An informal conversation.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
18. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
20. A constitutional monarchy in northern Europe on the western side of the Scandinavian Peninsula.
22. (usually preceded by `in') A detail or point.
24. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
25. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
27. Gull family.
29. The amount of cargo that can be held by a boat or ship or a freight car.
31. A bachelor's degree in science.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. Drought-resistant Asiatic treelike shrub bearing pleasantly acid small red edible fruits commonly used in sherbets.
35. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
43. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
45. A genus of Mustelidae.
46. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
48. Travel up, "We ascended the mountain".
52. A local computer network for communication between computers.
53. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
55. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
56. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
58. Pleasantly occupied.
61. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
64. Club consisting of a heavy stick (often bamboo) bound with iron.
65. In a hasty and foolhardy manner.
66. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
67. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
68. A series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep.
71. A state in midwestern United States.
72. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
74. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
75. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
77. Singing jazz.
80. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
83. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
84. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
86. Of or concerning this or that.
89. A Hindu prince or king in India.
92. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
93. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
95. The capital of Western Samoa.
97. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
98. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).
99. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
100. A small wooded hollow.
101. Being one more than two.
102. 10 grams.
103. Typical geese.
104. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
105. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
106. Being nine more than forty.
1. The brightest star in Cygnus.
2. A university town in east central Maine on the Penobscot River north of Bangor.
3. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
4. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
5. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
6. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
7. The capital of the Mexican state of Yucatan.
8. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
9. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
10. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
11. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
12. Crust or layer of hard subsoil encrusted with calcium-carbonate occurring in arid or semiarid regions.
13. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
14. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
15. A crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement.
21. Despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession).
23. Half the width of an em.
26. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
28. A small piece of cloth.
30. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
34. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
36. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
37. Become wider.
38. Air-breathing arthropods characterized by simple eyes and four pairs of legs.
39. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
41. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
44. Relating to or existing in the mind or thoughts.
47. Cruel or inhumane treatment.
49. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
50. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
51. Young of domestic cattle.
54. A city in central Alabama on the Alabama river.
57. A wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad.
59. A member of the Indian people of northern California and southern Oregon.
60. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
62. A sweet filling made of prunes or apricots.
63. The food served and eaten at one time.
69. An uneasy state.
70. A Christian Bishop who translated the Bible from Greek into Gothic (311-382).
73. Unknown god.
76. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
78. Type genus of the Caviidae.
79. With a forward motion.
81. Any of numerous trees of the family Cupressaceae that resemble cedars.
82. Beads threaded on a string.
85. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
87. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
88. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
90. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
91. Type genus of the Amiidae.
94. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
96. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.