1. A flexible container with a single opening.
4. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
9. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
13. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
16. The month following March and preceding May.
17. Remote and separate physically or socially.
18. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
19. Fiddler crabs.
20. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
21. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
23. Softened by the addition of cushions or padding.
25. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
27. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
29. Aromatic resin used in perfume and incense.
30. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
31. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
32. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
34. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
35. A bachelor's degree in religion.
38. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
44. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
45. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
46. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
49. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
50. Chiefly tropical trees and shrubs and vines usually having a tall columnar trunk bearing a crown of very large leaves.
52. Of the color of bronze.
54. A master's degree in business.
55. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
56. An associate degree in nursing.
57. The bill in a restaurant.
58. Of or relating to or containing barium.
61. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
63. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
65. Something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained.
67. Sew again.
70. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
71. A brief high-pitched buzzing or humming sound.
72. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
75. Seed of a pea plant.
76. (classical architecture) A molding for a cornice.
77. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
78. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
80. An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole.
84. Unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound.
86. Of or pertaining to a number system having 8 as its base.
89. (a dated Briticism) A serious difficulty with which one is suddenly faced.
91. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
95. Long pinkish sour leafstalks usually eaten cooked and sweetened.
98. Austrian zoologist who studied the behavior of birds and emphasized the importance of innate as opposed to learned behaviors (1903-1989).
100. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
101. The person or thing rejected or set aside as inferior in quality.
102. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
104. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
105. A master's degree in fine arts.
106. A fit of shivering.
107. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
108. A small cake leavened with yeast.
109. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
1. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
2. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
3. Norwegian composer whose work was often inspired by Norwegian folk music (1843-1907).
4. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
5. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
6. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
7. Norse chieftan who became the first duke of Normandy (860-931).
8. A unit of pressure.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
11. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
12. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
13. Father of the storm gods Marut.
14. Sour or bitter in taste.
15. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
22. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
24. Generator consisting of a coil (the armature) that rotates between the poles of an electromagnet (the field magnet) causing a current to flow in the armature.
26. A native-born Israeli.
28. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
33. Jordan's port.
36. South Asian deer with three-tined antlers.
37. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
39. A republic in southeastern Europe on the Adriatic coast of the Balkan Peninsula.
40. Mites and ticks.
41. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
42. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
43. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
46. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
47. Sister and consort of Izanami.
48. A long-acting crystalline barbiturate (trade name Mebaral) used as a sedative and as an anticonvulsant in the treatment of epilepsy.
51. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
59. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
60. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
62. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
64. A metrical unit with stressed-unstressed-unstressed syllables.
66. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
68. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
69. A large number or amount.
73. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
74. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
79. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
81. Any external parasitic organism (as fleas).
82. A telegram sent abroad.
83. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
85. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
87. The dull explosive noise made by an engine.
88. A member of a Dravidian people living on the southwestern coast of India.
90. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
92. The highest level or degree attainable.
93. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
94. The sixth month of the civil year.
96. Rate of revolution of a motor.
97. The cry made by sheep.
99. Tag the base runner to get him out.
103. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.