1. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
4. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
8. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
12. With no effort to conceal.
16. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
17. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
18. A beautiful and graceful girl.
19. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
20. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
21. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
22. A hymn of praise (especially one sung in ancient Greece to invoke or thank a deity).
23. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
24. Show a response or a reaction to something.
26. Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech.
29. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
31. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
32. In bed.
34. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
38. A member of the dominant Hindu military caste in northern India.
42. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
43. Flesh of any of various freshwater fishes of the families Centrarchidae of North America or Cyprinidae of Europe.
47. Used chiefly as a direction or description in music.
48. Small fishing boat rigged with one or more lugsails.
50. Income from capital investment paid in a series of regular payments.
51. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
52. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
53. Acquired as your own by free choice.
55. Many times at short intervals.
57. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
58. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
59. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
60. Eat noisily.
63. Acute abdominal pain (especially in infants).
64. A sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic.
65. A hotel for motorists.
68. A primeval personification of air and breath.
69. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
70. A passage with access only at one end.
71. A productive insight.
72. European bison having a smaller and higher head than the North American bison.
77. Conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value.
84. Fitting or appropriate and deserved.
86. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
87. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
88. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
90. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
91. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
92. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
93. Any of various plants of the genus Sedum.
94. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
95. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
96. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
1. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
2. A French abbot.
3. Cast again, in a different role.
4. Steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock.
5. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
6. A young unmarried woman.
7. An unpleasant or disastrous destiny.
8. (British abbreviation) "he accepted it on appro".
9. Keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view.
10. Colonial siphonophore of up to 130 ft long.
11. Estrangement from god.
12. A town in northern Minnesota.
13. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
14. A characteristic state or mode of living.
15. Dearly loved.
25. An event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
30. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
33. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
35. Herbs or shrubs or small trees.
36. Of a cask or barrel.
37. Equipment and supplies of a military force.
39. Highly seasoned cut of smoked beef.
40. Not conquered.
41. United States social reformer who proposed an old-age pension sponsored by the federal government.
44. A mild rebuke or criticism.
45. Langur of southern Asia.
46. Any of several Old World herbs of the genus Medicago having small flowers and trifoliate compound leaves.
49. Malaysian feather palm with base densely clothed with fibers.
54. A person forced to flee from home or country.
56. (Middle Eastern) Small croquette of mashed chick peas or fava beans seasoned with sesame seeds.
61. The act of sending an accused person back into custody to await trial (or the continuation of the trial) v 1.
62. Enthusiastic approval.
66. Treated with contempt.
67. Seeming unaffected by pleasure or pain.
73. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
74. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
75. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
76. A military trainee (as at a military academy).
78. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
79. Type genus of the Anatidae.
80. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
81. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
82. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
83. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
85. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
89. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.