1. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
4. To fix or set securely or deeply.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
13. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
16. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
17. Very large red gum tree.
18. A unit of length equal to 1760 yards.
19. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
20. A human limb.
21. United States comedian.
23. The act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
27. The sound made by a hen after laying an egg.
28. (of reproduction) Not involving the fusion of male and female gametes reproduction".
29. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
33. (in Scotland) A child.
37. A substance that abrades or wears down.
41. The act of scanning.
43. Being seven more than sixty.
46. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
47. The act of grasping.
48. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
51. Lacking companions or companionship.
52. The capital and largest city of Norway.
53. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
56. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
58. A choice or delicious dish.
60. The town was taken from the Turks by the Russians in 1877 after a siege of 143 days.
62. Injured by bites or stings.
63. Either extremity of something that has length.
64. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
66. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
69. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
73. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
74. A branch of the Tai languages.
77. A line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage.
79. An acute viral disease marked by inflammation of nerve cells of the brain stem and spinal cord.
82. A boy or man.
84. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
85. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
89. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
90. Old master of the Venetian school (1490-1576).
93. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
94. Remove the hand from.
95. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
96. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
98. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
100. Be seated.
101. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
102. By bad luck.
103. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
104. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
1. Jordan's port.
2. Wild and menacing.
3. Young sheep.
4. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
5. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
6. A large ax with a broad cutting blade.
7. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
8. (British informal) Faulty.
9. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
10. An expression of greeting.
11. Double star 15.7 light years from Earth.
12. Capital and largest city of Yugoslavia.
13. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
14. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
15. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
24. A Chadic language spoken in the Mandara mountains in Cameroon.
26. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
31. An associate degree in nursing.
34. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
35. A light medieval helmet with a slit for vision.
36. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
38. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
39. A town in southwestern British Columbia on Vancouver Island west of Vancouver.
40. Capital of the state of New Jersey.
42. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
44. A garment that covers the head and face.
45. A state in midwestern United States.
49. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
50. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
54. An accountant certified by the state.
55. A Mid-Atlantic state.
57. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
59. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
61. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
65. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
67. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
68. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
70. United States physicist and molecular biologist who helped develop the first atom bomb and later opposed the use of all nuclear weapons (1898-1964).
71. Fish-eating bird of warm inland waters having a long flexible neck and slender sharp-pointed bill.
72. Kauri pine.
75. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
76. Presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible.
78. A shoe consisting of a sole fastened by straps to the foot.
80. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
81. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
83. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
86. Lower in esteem.
87. Type genus of the Manidae.
88. Related on the mother's side.
91. Type genus of the Anatidae.
92. An inhabitant of Lappland.
97. Informal terms for a mother.
98. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
99. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
100. A public promotion of some product or service.