1. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
4. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
9. A French abbot.
13. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
16. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
17. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
18. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
19. Nonresinous wood of a fir tree.
20. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
22. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
23. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
26. Wood of a sumac.
28. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
30. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
31. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
33. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
36. Make pagan in character.
40. Tropical Asian tree with hard white wood and bark formerly used as a remedy for dysentery and diarrhea.
45. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
46. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
48. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
49. English Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910).
50. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
52. A Mid-Atlantic state.
53. On or toward the lee.
54. The territory of Athens in ancient Greece.
56. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
58. A noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it.
59. A city in central New York.
63. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
64. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
65. Having the deep slightly brownish color of gold.
66. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
68. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
71. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
72. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
74. Cause to grow thin or weak.
78. Half the width of an em.
79. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
82. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
83. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
86. Woody pore fungi.
89. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
92. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
93. Used of riotously drunken merrymaking.
94. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
95. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
97. The basic unit of money in Peru.
99. The second larges of the four main islands of Japan.
100. Advanced in years.
101. In bed.
102. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
103. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
1. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
2. An intensive care unit designed with special equipment to care for premature or low-birth-weight or seriously ill newborn.
3. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
4. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
5. Automatic data processing in which data acquisition and other stages or processing are integrated into a coherent system.
6. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
9. Inability to coordinate voluntary muscle movements.
10. A decree that prohibits something.
11. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
12. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
13. The second largest city in Tunisia.
14. Small short-eared burrowing mammal of rocky uplands of Asia and western North America.
15. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
21. Of or relating to or containing basalt.
24. Lacking in light.
25. (Judaism) Not conforming to dietary laws.
27. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
29. (of birds) Having developed feathers or plumage.
32. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
34. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
35. An associate degree in nursing.
37. Having a common boundary or edge.
38. Type genus of the Gentianaceae.
39. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
41. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
42. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
43. An ice containing milk.
44. A family of birds of the suborder Oscines.
47. Any of various plants of the genus Aralia.
51. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
55. An ancient country is southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean.
57. English writer of stories for children (1882-1956).
60. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
61. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
62. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
67. A Ukrainian peninsula between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
69. A green transparent form of beryl.
70. A poem consisting of 3 stanzas and an envoy.
71. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
73. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
75. One of the three Furies.
76. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
77. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
80. Any tropical gymnosperm of the order Cycadales.
81. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
84. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
85. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
87. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
88. The tissue forming the hard outer layer of e.g. a fruit.
90. Atmospheric moisture or dust or smoke that causes reduced visibility.
91. A slender double-reed instrument.
96. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
98. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.